When ur parents think women are inferior and gays are disgusting...

Watch
username5416414
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
What do you do? Ignore? Argue?
MadameRazz
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
i’d probably argue even tho it’s not worth my energy because it’s my fatal flaw lol.
Ciel.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
ignore. you can't fix stupid.
LovelyMrFox
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Fixing someone's lifelong ideologies is only achievable if they are willing to learn.
Typically, misogynistic homophobes are not willing to do so... Dont waste your effort.
tsrholicc
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
You cant argue unless you've studied at least a few subjects including theology, philosophy, social science, history, literature, anthropology, linguistics, sociology etc. So just sit back and believe what both of you were brainwashed by society into believing as kids.

If you really really wanna take the you know what or are being dominated by your bby just dont tell them lol and RELAX.
Vanessa Chuah
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
bruh, i'd argue bc i'm non-heterosexual myself. but tbh it's best to ignore it. it's really dumb of them to hate people just because of who they are.
username5416414
Rep:
?
(Original post by Vanessa Chuah)
bruh, i'd argue bc i'm non-heterosexual myself. but tbh it's best to ignore it. it's really dumb of them to hate people just because of who they are.
that's what I do:bigsmile: I argue not to 'correct' or 'change' them, only want to show I disagree with them and do not feel ok about these opinions.
Lilymae69
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Don't waste your breath they wont listen and since theyre older than you they will be better at dominating the argument and arguing better.
Sammylou40
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by TheFifth)
that's what I do:bigsmile: I argue not to 'correct' or 'change' them, only want to show I disagree with them and do not feel ok about these opinions.
Then just say “I disagree “ and leave it. If they don’t want to believe that everyone is equal then you can’t change that.
I’m guessing that their views come from a religious point of view and they’re scared to challenge that.
I may be wrong.

As a person of faith I believe that if we were created by God then we are created exactly how we’re meant to be.
Antony Silva
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
My mom always has all the bad guys, politicians, TV stars and everyone else. I do not pay attention to her, I try to avoid such topics and not argue, because it always ends with resentment on her part.
username5416414
Rep:
?
(Original post by boulderingislife)
So every non white family basically? :rolleyes:
What's wrong with you? You mean all the non-white on this planet are misogynists and homophobic?
Last edited by username5416414; 4 weeks ago
username5416414
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sammylou40)
Then just say “I disagree “ and leave it. If they don’t want to believe that everyone is equal then you can’t change that.
I’m guessing that their views come from a religious point of view and they’re scared to challenge that.
I may be wrong.

As a person of faith I believe that if we were created by God then we are created exactly how we’re meant to be.
Is that not exactly what I said? Did I not say clearly I have NO intention to change them? My family has no religion and never will. Let alone 'scared' by those sorts. I guess it is just some boomer thoughts, they are brought up to believe boys dating girls, instead of not daring to 'challenge' something lmao.
Last edited by username5416414; 4 weeks ago
boulderingislife
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
What's wrong with you? You mean all the non-white on this planet are misogynists and homophobic?
Nope, but mine are, as are OPs, and every other asian parent i know.
Snarly_Charlie
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Just remember that nobody is inferior or superior and no sexuality is disgusting. Your parents probably believe in old fashioned values.
Sammylou40
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Is that not exactly what I said? Did I not say clearly I have NO intention to change them? My family has no religion and never will. Let alone 'scared' by those sorts. I guess it is just some boomer thoughts, they are brought up to believe boys dating girls, instead of not daring to 'challenge' something lmao.
You sound like your parents
chopingirl
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
They're muslim right? Just nod and smile, otherwise they could have you killed.
Anonymous #1
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Ciel.)
ignore. you can't fix stupid.
Not stupid, they just believe in old fashioned values. I'm sure that there are some things you believe in that others could deem stupid.
Ciel.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Not stupid, they just believe in old fashioned values. I'm sure that there are some things you believe in that others could deem stupid.
what values? seeing men as superior has nothing to do with 'values'. neither does homophobia.
yeah, no. discriminatory beliefs are stupid.
Moonbow
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by username5416414)
What do you do? Ignore? Argue?
Humour it, it’s not worth the battle that’ll ensue
mgi
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Discrimination and homophobia are not old-fashioned values. They are purely foolishness and ignorance. Tell it like it is!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (170)
14.57%
I'm not sure (54)
4.63%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (343)
29.39%
I have already dropped out (35)
3%
I'm not a current university student (565)
48.41%

Watched Threads