Anxiety meds. Beta blocker

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I take beta blocks and rn Ive got a bad cough which is playing with my breathing and my heart is skipping so much. Should I stop taking it until I get better?
Scotney
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I take beta blocks and rn Ive got a bad cough which is playing with my breathing and my heart is skipping so much. Should I stop taking it until I get better?
Talk to your GP tomorrow or failing that a chemist.Do not stop taking them abruptly unless you have only just started them.Have you found they helped you as there are better meds for anxiety available.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Scotney)
Talk to your GP tomorrow or failing that a chemist.Do not stop taking them abruptly unless you have only just started them.Have you found they helped you as there are better meds for anxiety available.
I started taking them a week ago and yess I find them very helpful. Can I stop for a day or 2? I’m sure they won’t make much of a difference.
Scotney
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I started taking them a week ago and yess I find them very helpful. Can I stop for a day or 2? I’m sure they won’t make much of a difference.
You really need to talk to your doctor but yes if you really feel unwell tonight do not take the next dose but get advice as you can get side effects coming off them.
Anonymous #1
You really need to talk to your doctor but yes if you really feel unwell tonight do not take the next dose but get advice as you can get side effects coming off them.
Even if I finish the whole packet? Am I meant to ask for..more? I’ve never been prescribed anything before lmaoo but thank youu!!
Scotney
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Even if I finish the whole packet? Am I meant to ask for..more? I’ve never been prescribed anything before lmaoo but thank youu!!
Everyone is different re side effects and you should have been told to make an appt to come back and see your GP BEFORE you finish tablets to see if they suit you.
Anonymous #1
Everyone is different re side effects and you should have been told to make an appt to come back and see your GP BEFORE you finish tablets to see if they suit you.
She never really said anything. I’ll probably see how it goes before I finish the first pack then call?
Scotney
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
She never really said anything. I’ll probably see how it goes before I finish the first pack then call?
Yes make appt for then but discuss the side effects with a chemist tomorrow just to be on the safe side. Just phone Boots or your local chemist and say you need to talk to the pharmacist.
Anonymous #1
Yes make appt for then but discuss the side effects with a chemist tomorrow just to be on the safe side. Just phone Boots or your local chemist and say you need to talk to the pharmacist.
Thanks a bunch xx. Will do
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (106)
13.49%
I'm not sure (35)
4.45%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (241)
30.66%
I have already dropped out (19)
2.42%
I'm not a current university student (385)
48.98%

Watched Threads