Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hello im currently studying at Uni. I got a lecture every Thursday from 16:00 -21-00 which is too late for me! My parents not allowing me to stay late outside the house 😭💔 and i don’t really like that time . But also some students joining lecture online if they got serious problems. WHAT should i do? How i can explain that to my teacher?!
Lazarevic
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hello im currently studying at Uni. I got a lecture every Thursday from 16:00 -21-00 which is too late for me! My parents not allowing me to stay late outside the house 😭💔 and i don’t really like that time . But also some students joining lecture online if they got serious problems. WHAT should i do? How i can explain that to my teacher?!
Is it not online? Tbh I have a class from 19:00-21:00 then another class from 7am the following morning so you could have it worse
Scotney
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
What uni is this?Who has a five hour lecture?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Lazarevic)
Is it not online? Tbh I have a class from 19:00-21:00 then another class from 7am the following morning so you could have it worse
No, We have to go to the Theatre at 19:00-21:00 😭
Desideri
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Can you tell your parents it’s for a lecture? Surely they can’t stop you going to a lecture (especially since you’re presumably an adult!)

You could ask your lecturer if you can join online, but “my parents won’t let me” might not go down amazingly at university.
historynerd47
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Scotney)
literally what I was about to ask, five hours?
Anonymous #1
Uni of Greenwich. but they runnig it differently not like MATHS’s lectures because its Graphics Design 😂 mixed between Lecture & Workshop.
Lazarevic
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Uni of Greenwich. but they runnig it differently not like MATHS’s lectures because its Graphics Design 😂 mixed between Lecture & Workshop.
You’re not making any sense tbh
Scotney
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Do you live nearby?
Anonymous #1
Do you live nearby
It takes me 2 hours to go to uni (
Scotney
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
It takes me 2 hours to go to uni (
Oh I feel you I have been in that situation.Did you not want to live on site?I cannot imagine public transport being too great at that time of night also you will get fed up with that commute really quickly.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by historynerd47)
literally what I was about to ask, five hours?
Yes. But the good thing is they allowing us to eat during the lecture.
historynerd47
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I think if you explain to the university it takes you two hours to get there they should let you take part online. But wow, even being able to eat I would struggle to hold my concentration for that long honestly, just listening. Really feel for you. If you don't mind me asking, what course is it?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by historynerd47)
I think if you explain to the university it takes you two hours to get there they should let you take part online. But wow, even being able to eat I would struggle to hold my concentration for that long honestly, just listening. Really feel for you. If you don't mind me asking, what course is it?
Graphic Design
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you want most from university virtual open days and online events?

I want to be able to watch in my own time rather than turn up live (192)
29.54%
I want to hear more about the specifics of the course (108)
16.62%
I want to be able to dip in and dip out of lots of different sessions (58)
8.92%
I want to meet current students (54)
8.31%
I want to meet academics and the people that will be teaching me (51)
7.85%
I want to have a taster lecture or workshop to see what the teaching is like (128)
19.69%
My parents/guardians are more interested than me to be honest (38)
5.85%
Other things – I'll tell you in the thread (21)
3.23%

Watched Threads