MSc programme representative

Watch
vincenzoca92
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hello everyone! Does anyone have experience with being Masters programme representative or member exec in the Student Council Representative? If so please share your experience with pros and cons as I'd love to represent students voices this year. Thanks everyone!
tsrholicc
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
no sorry
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by vincenzoca92)
Hello everyone! Does anyone have experience with being Masters programme representative or member exec in the Student Council Representative? If so please share your experience with pros and cons as I'd love to represent students voices this year. Thanks everyone!
One of my friends was the course rep for our MA course, and I've volunteered as the course rep for my PhD course. There's barely any negatives about it tbh, as it looks good on your CV, gets you involved with your student union and other reps, helps improve things for current and future students etc.
vincenzoca92
Rep:
?
(Original post by PhoenixFortune)
One of my friends was the course rep for our MA course, and I've volunteered as the course rep for my PhD course. There's barely any negatives about it tbh, as it looks good on your CV, gets you involved with your student union and other reps, helps improve things for current and future students etc.
Thank you so much for your reply, very useful. I was trying to get more info as this was something I never thought of but I do love my university environment and its people especially. Thanks again!
QuentinM
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by vincenzoca92)
I did this during my Masters at Bath-had to go to a meeting once every few weeks, got free lunch at most of them, looks pretty decent on your CV. In terms of actually achieving anything, the course I was on was designed terribly for a lot of people so I had to pass on a lot of their complaints and got stonewalled by the people running everything, so be realistic on any expectations for what you might be able to change
(this was my own experience, it does vary between universities so don't take this experience as universal)
vincenzoca92
Rep:
?
(Original post by QuentinM)
I did this during my Masters at Bath-had to go to a meeting once every few weeks, got free lunch at most of them, looks pretty decent on your CV. In terms of actually achieving anything, the course I was on was designed terribly for a lot of people so I had to pass on a lot of their complaints and got stonewalled by the people running everything, so be realistic on any expectations for what you might be able to change
(this was my own experience, it does vary between universities so don't take this experience as universal)
Thank you very much for sharing your experience. I did think about the possible challenges I could face during the academic year especially during this extraordinary time with covid affecting every aspect of our lives. LSHTM has an excellent reputation in so many aspects, organizational aspect included. However the challenges will be there anyway due to online learning and the so many problems we will all face. But that's fine, I'll be happy to team up with the other reps and make sure their voices are heard. I need management/leadership experience which I think being a rep will help a lot.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (101)
13.4%
I'm not sure (32)
4.24%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (236)
31.3%
I have already dropped out (18)
2.39%
I'm not a current university student (367)
48.67%

Watched Threads