The Student Room Group

Boyfriend says I’m never going to leave

I broke up with my boyfriend last night. He was constantly saying you always say you’re gonna leave butnnever do and I was like so you’re not fighting for the relationship coz you think I’m always gonna be here and he was like no I don’t think you’re always gonna be here. Have I made the right decision to prove he can’t just have me waiting?
You know what..just break up if it’s for the better. :frown:
You were right to leave him.

For your next boyfriend, aim for one that's more self secure and positive.
One that has the philosophy of trying to do fun, enjoyable, rewarding things when he is together with you. One that focuses on that, or at least his conversations with you on that. Instead of focusing on all this angst ridden, insecure stuff about "What are we?" "How much do you love me?" "How long are we going to last?".
If you were unhappy in the relationship then yes, you were right to leave.
He sounds insecure. That is an issue for him to deal with but can be something that you can work through together if you want to stay together enough.
It sounds to me that you did it to prove a point and are playing games, wether you intended to or not.
If you regret your decision then you both have a lot of talking to do. It may or may not backfire on you.

Only you can answer your question

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending