Q2Q
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I will be starting year 1 (vet med) soon but due to some visa delays, the earliest I can arrive at the UK is late October (teaching starts in early October). Lessons will be all online except for some practical sessions which are held once or twice a week. I will be missing those. Should i defer a year or not?
vetstudent123
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
If you're only missing a couple of weeks I wouldn't bother deferring (assuming that's the only reason you were planning to defer). They won't be giving you particularly difficult practicals to do in the first couple of weeks so you can easily catch up on the content even if you won't be able to do the practical.

Do you know what the practicals are?
Q2Q
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
they’re mostly lab practicals on locomotor. Year 1 is all going to be about anatomy from what I’ve been told.
TheWannabeFarmer
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
You will not miss enough to really impact your education don't worry - everything covered in dissections/anatomy practicals can be learned elsewhere. Perhaps not as easily as having it infront of you but definitely possible - Check out IVALA anatomy - its free for vet students. Similarly a good dissection book (guide to the dissection of the dog is cheap and liked, personally konigs anatomy is better) will help both in learning the anatomy and revising it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (66)
14.73%
I'm not sure (16)
3.57%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (151)
33.71%
I have already dropped out (8)
1.79%
I'm not a current university student (207)
46.21%

Watched Threads