what would you do in my situation

Watch
Jasyy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hello everyone
so i will try to keep this short. after 2 years of looking for a job i gained a apprenticeship administration job but lost it within the two weeks i started due to covid and i never got the job back because my old boss left without giving a reference that could help me I have been attempting to look for a job ever since and i understand it is hard to get a job at the moment because many people have lost their job but what would you do in my situation? I am looking at this as a guide to see what people might do because i have given up completely and i don't have anyone to talk to about this.
Thornton_P
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Firstly, I appreciate seeing Konata in your display picture.

Secondly, sorry to hear about your position. Other than continually completing job applications, using best practice (you can find much via an internet search), I would recommend developing your skills in the meantime. By this, I mean have a personal project, something that you enjoy and shows drive - this can only help in the process of job hunting as you have something to talk about. For example, you may write a blog, create videos, do art, or even something more charitable. These might seem meaningless, but they show drive, determination, a want to be busy, independence and creativity - all very positive things.I hope that helps a little, I think it'll help your mental health and professional career moving forward all at once.
Jasyy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Thornton_P)
Firstly, I appreciate seeing Konata in your display picture.

Secondly, sorry to hear about your position. Other than continually completing job applications, using best practice (you can find much via an internet search), I would recommend developing your skills in the meantime. By this, I mean have a personal project, something that you enjoy and shows drive - this can only help in the process of job hunting as you have something to talk about. For example, you may write a blog, create videos, do art, or even something more charitable. These might seem meaningless, but they show drive, determination, a want to be busy, independence and creativity - all very positive things.I hope that helps a little, I think it'll help your mental health and professional career moving forward all at once.
Thank you for noticing Konata and i will give that a go thank you so much
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you want most from university virtual open days and online events?

I want to be able to watch in my own time rather than turn up live (189)
29.3%
I want to hear more about the specifics of the course (106)
16.43%
I want to be able to dip in and dip out of lots of different sessions (58)
8.99%
I want to meet current students (54)
8.37%
I want to meet academics and the people that will be teaching me (51)
7.91%
I want to have a taster lecture or workshop to see what the teaching is like (128)
19.84%
My parents/guardians are more interested than me to be honest (38)
5.89%
Other things – I'll tell you in the thread (21)
3.26%

Watched Threads