The Student Room Group

Can't afford uni accomm atm?

Basically I applied for the wrong amount of maintenance loan ages ago and I'm still awaiting my estrangement form to be reviewed to offer to the right amount. However they're saying it may take up to six weeks, so as of now I've only received the small amount of maintenance loan. However, the rent is due Oct 10th and it's over 2k which I can't afford because my maintenance loan is low right now and it won't be able to cover the first term (I already received my first term money and it's nowhere near 2k) What do u think I should do? Should I email my uni accomm about the situation??
Are you in uni provided accommodation or private? If uni accommodation then go to their office and tell them, they may be able to put it on hold until the loan comes through. Private will be a bit more difficult, you could ask the landlord if they're willing to take the rent in smaller instalments or ask nicely if they'll wait until finance is sorted.
Reply 2
Yeah I’m with provided accommodation so I guess I’ll just email them about the situation as they did say to do so about any queries. Thank you
Original post by Kogomogo
Are you in uni provided accommodation or private? If uni accommodation then go to their office and tell them, they may be able to put it on hold until the loan comes through. Private will be a bit more difficult, you could ask the landlord if they're willing to take the rent in smaller instalments or ask nicely if they'll wait until finance is sorted.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending