Llllloos
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
Basically I applied for the wrong amount of maintenance loan ages ago and I'm still awaiting my estrangement form to be reviewed to offer to the right amount. However they're saying it may take up to six weeks, so as of now I've only received the small amount of maintenance loan. However, the rent is due Oct 10th and it's over 2k which I can't afford because my maintenance loan is low right now and it won't be able to cover the first term (I already received my first term money and it's nowhere near 2k) What do u think I should do? Should I email my uni accomm about the situation??
Kogomogo
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Are you in uni provided accommodation or private? If uni accommodation then go to their office and tell them, they may be able to put it on hold until the loan comes through. Private will be a bit more difficult, you could ask the landlord if they're willing to take the rent in smaller instalments or ask nicely if they'll wait until finance is sorted.
Llllloos
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
Yeah I’m with provided accommodation so I guess I’ll just email them about the situation as they did say to do so about any queries. Thank you
(Original post by Kogomogo)
Are you in uni provided accommodation or private? If uni accommodation then go to their office and tell them, they may be able to put it on hold until the loan comes through. Private will be a bit more difficult, you could ask the landlord if they're willing to take the rent in smaller instalments or ask nicely if they'll wait until finance is sorted.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (59)
28.78%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (15)
7.32%
No I am happy with my choice (115)
56.1%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (16)
7.8%

Watched Threads