SleepyBeans
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
So my support applications went out a bit late, and I got my entitlement letter with minimum maintenance loans.

When I called Student Finance to let them know that it was a bit late, ( this was early august) they said it'd be okay and they'd process the application and send another letter to me with my means tested maintenance loan due by 9th September.

So I waited until the 11th, nothing came so I called again, and they said there were delays and it should be done by the 25th of September at the latest.

And so I waited.

I got my first payment into my bank account but no letters to say they'd completed my application with my parents' income.

The first payment is barely enough to cover my rent so it's sort of a struggle.

And then today, 25th of September, I called Student Finance again... and they told me that when I applied for Student Finance, I didn't ask for means tested maintenance loans. That I'd filled my form wrong or something.

Gave me this link: www.sfengland.slc.co.uk/householdincome

And told me to change my application to be means tested. And I can't do it online, and gods **** knows where there's a printer or post office near my halls of residence.

But the biggest issue is I did apply to be means tested! I'm not a complete ****ing bimbo, and I was extremely careful when I filled the form, I remember that my parents also got emails to support the application!

So I looked into my parents account to see that it says ' Financial Information No Longer Needed' when in august, they'd sent the information already and got the okay.

The biggest peeve is, this is probably my fourth time calling them, and they kept on delaying me, saying 10 more working days and ****, if they'd told me to fill the re-application forms in late august or early September, it'd be a lot easier.

But yeah, I don't really know what to do.
I don't even know which forms to fill so... it's all such a mess.

I will hopefully have enough to support me until I get my next sum .

Has anyone got any advice for how to sort this out??
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by SleepyBeans)
So my support applications went out a bit late, and I got my entitlement letter with minimum maintenance loans.

When I called Student Finance to let them know that it was a bit late, ( this was early august) they said it'd be okay and they'd process the application and send another letter to me with my means tested maintenance loan due by 9th September.

So I waited until the 11th, nothing came so I called again, and they said there were delays and it should be done by the 25th of September at the latest.

And so I waited.

I got my first payment into my bank account but no letters to say they'd completed my application with my parents' income.

The first payment is barely enough to cover my rent so it's sort of a struggle.

And then today, 25th of September, I called Student Finance again... and they told me that when I applied for Student Finance, I didn't ask for means tested maintenance loans. That I'd filled my form wrong or something.

Gave me this link: www.sfengland.slc.co.uk/householdincome

And told me to change my application to be means tested. And I can't do it online, and gods **** knows where there's a printer or post office near my halls of residence.

But the biggest issue is I did apply to be means tested! I'm not a complete ****ing bimbo, and I was extremely careful when I filled the form, I remember that my parents also got emails to support the application!

So I looked into my parents account to see that it says ' Financial Information No Longer Needed' when in august, they'd sent the information already and got the okay.

The biggest peeve is, this is probably my fourth time calling them, and they kept on delaying me, saying 10 more working days and ****, if they'd told me to fill the re-application forms in late august or early September, it'd be a lot easier.

But yeah, I don't really know what to do.
I don't even know which forms to fill so... it's all such a mess.

I will hopefully have enough to support me until I get my next sum .

Has anyone got any advice for how to sort this out??
Overdraft
Uni hardship fund.
Official complaint.
Post it on their twitter account.
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=910

If you didnt apply for means tested then why would you go to the trouble of collecting the financial information and sending it?
SleepyBeans
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
Overdraft
Uni hardship fund.
Official complaint.
Post it on their twitter account.
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=910

If you didnt apply for means tested then why would you go to the trouble of collecting the financial information and sending it?
I did apply for means tested, and they emailed my parents asking for the financial info but it was sent late so they said they'd update my application and I called them religiously to check the progress and now they're saying I didn't apply for means tested in the first place, which is why my application isn't going through?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (80)
14.13%
I'm not sure (26)
4.59%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (179)
31.63%
I have already dropped out (12)
2.12%
I'm not a current university student (269)
47.53%

Watched Threads