Trip is going awful, I feel emotionally stressed

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I'm currently on a trip with my family and I feel so emotionally stressed. Before we left, I was advised by my doctor to take a tablet for my dental problem which cause theatrics by other members of the house. I openly admit that I cannot SWALLOW tablets/capsules and that what you can do is NOT benefiting what I can't DO. No one understands the complete struggle and therefore can't sympathise with my experience. I am being pressurised to "JUST" put the capsule on my tongue and swallow it. This instruction is NOT helping as I've previously tried. I'm trying to let them beware of my feelings that not everyone is capable of being able to swallow them and you have to understand it from another's perspective but they don't care, they are talking behind my backs, laughing, and watching me when I attempt to take it. I find this very disrespectful and doesn't give me space to be on my own in a safe environment without feeling bad vibes / judgments from anyone. I'm completely done with them, I suffer from anxiety specially health anxiety and I haven't received any support from anyone.
Right now, it was another theatric of people wondering and asking if I've swallowed the capsule. I don't know what was the point in asking when it's visibly clear that I cannot swallow it, no matter how hard I try.
This trip, is going so bad I am not even enjoying myself.
One person thinks I'm in a mood but no one understands my challenges so I'm not even going to entertain the ignorance. I don't look forward to the activities we'll be doing today and for the rest of the trip. I feel uncomfortable that my vulnerable side has been exposed for everyone to see. I feel uncomfortable that no one will probably talk to me, have a long conversation with me. Talking about memes isn't a conversation it's a discussion. I don't feel happy whatsoever and feel like crying my eyes out completely. But there's no rooms todo that everyone is in them. I guess I'll wait until the bathroom is free and lock myself in there for some time. I'm trying to be optimistic that this trip will do me good but I don't know cause of how emotionally challenging it is for taking my medicine 3x a day and knowing how it bothers me that I can't do it . I don't know what todo.
Does anyone have advice?
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I'm currently on a trip with my family and I feel so emotionally stressed. Before we left, I was advised by my doctor to take a tablet for my dental problem which cause theatrics by other members of the house. I openly admit that I cannot SWALLOW tablets/capsules and that what you can do is NOT benefiting what I can't DO. No one understands the complete struggle and therefore can't sympathise with my experience. I am being pressurised to "JUST" put the capsule on my tongue and swallow it. This instruction is NOT helping as I've previously tried. I'm trying to let them beware of my feelings that not everyone is capable of being able to swallow them and you have to understand it from another's perspective but they don't care, they are talking behind my backs, laughing, and watching me when I attempt to take it. I find this very disrespectful and doesn't give me space to be on my own in a safe environment without feeling bad vibes / judgments from anyone. I'm completely done with them, I suffer from anxiety specially health anxiety and I haven't received any support from anyone.
Right now, it was another theatric of people wondering and asking if I've swallowed the capsule. I don't know what was the point in asking when it's visibly clear that I cannot swallow it, no matter how hard I try.
This trip, is going so bad I am not even enjoying myself.
One person thinks I'm in a mood but no one understands my challenges so I'm not even going to entertain the ignorance. I don't look forward to the activities we'll be doing today and for the rest of the trip. I feel uncomfortable that my vulnerable side has been exposed for everyone to see. I feel uncomfortable that no one will probably talk to me, have a long conversation with me. Talking about memes isn't a conversation it's a discussion. I don't feel happy whatsoever and feel like crying my eyes out completely. But there's no rooms todo that everyone is in them. I guess I'll wait until the bathroom is free and lock myself in there for some time. I'm trying to be optimistic that this trip will do me good but I don't know cause of how emotionally challenging it is for taking my medicine 3x a day and knowing how it bothers me that I can't do it . I don't know what todo.
Does anyone have advice?
Try putting the capsule on one side of your mouth rather than in the middle ...
Pathway
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
There are different ways to swallow tablets and capsules. Sometimes tilting your head back or forward can help. Drinking is also important to do as well. If you suffer with anxiety, go to your GP and seek help.
chopingirl
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
you can try swallowing it with some else like grapes then when you swallow a bit of grape it will go down too.
ReadingMum
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I would find somewhere where you don't have an audience - even if you have to go to the toilet each time and not come out till you have succeeded
DiddyDec
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Just take a mouthful of water, pop the tablet in and swallow. You don't even notice the tablet has gone down.
Napp
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Aside from learning how to swallow them (using plenty of water and being relaxed are the best ways) you could always try smashing them up (or cutting it in half) and mixing it with something - i found putting it in honey worked to mask the taste.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (172)
14.64%
I'm not sure (54)
4.6%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (344)
29.28%
I have already dropped out (35)
2.98%
I'm not a current university student (570)
48.51%

Watched Threads