lilimendes014
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi, I need help in choosing between BSc Economics with Accounting in Brunel and BSc Accounting and Finance in Queen Mary.

Brunel is giving me what I wanted, able to study Economics while still being accredited by ACCA and they offer year in industry too which I think is very important and useful after graduate. However, they dont seem to be a reputable university and I have read bad reviews about their teaching facilities etc.

Queen Mary, on the other hand, is part of a Russel Group and seem to be quite reputable. However, does not offer year in industry, only summer internships which I’m not sure if it will be as useful as the whole year in industry.

Any opinions are open, thank youuu!
midani_s
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Is the QMUL course not accredited? I.e. Check whether you'd receive the ACCA/ACA exemptions from there

If you're certain on a career in accountancy/audit/tax I'd suggest going to the uni which gives you the most ACCA/ACA exemptions as it will be tough later on when you might have to balance work and study for many exams as you study to become qualified
lilimendes014
Rep:
?
(Original post by midani_s)
Is the QMUL course not accredited? I.e. Check whether you'd receive the ACCA/ACA exemptions from there

If you're certain on a career in accountancy/audit/tax I'd suggest going to the uni which gives you the most ACCA/ACA exemptions as it will be tough later on when you might have to balance work and study for many exams as you study to become qualified
Hi, thanks for your reply. The Economics with Finance in Queen Mary is not accredited by ACCA, but their Accounting and Finance is accredited by ACCA and other professional bodies, which I wouldnt mind taking as I can take optional modules related to economics. But the only thing that puts me off is that they dont offer year in industry.
midani_s
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I'd go for QMUL then. The year in industry isn't guaranteed anyway, you'll have to apply for placements yourself. Many people at my uni didn't get the placements they wanted and opted for summer internships (which are more available) instead. But if you're really unsure about your career path, I'd say do the year in industry to get a proper feel of the industry and working life
lilimendes014
Rep:
?
I'd go for QMUL then. The year in industry isn't guaranteed anyway, you'll have to apply for placements yourself. Many people at my uni didn't get the placements they wanted and opted for summer internships (which are more available) instead. But if you're really unsure about your career path, I'd say do the year in industry to get a proper feel of the industry and working life
ohhh i see, thank youuu! are you currently in uni?
midani_s
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by lilimendes083)
ohhh i see, thank youuu! are you currently in uni?
Nope I graduated a couple years ago, now working in Finance
lilimendes014
Rep:
?
Nope I graduated a couple years ago, now working in Finance
ohh nicee, which uni did you went to?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (102)
13.37%
I'm not sure (32)
4.19%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (237)
31.06%
I have already dropped out (18)
2.36%
I'm not a current university student (374)
49.02%

Watched Threads