Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi guys,
This is my first time speaking about this openly. I am a 15-year-old male and I don't look 15 I look about 10. I have no moustache and I am seeing no signs of a beard, this is unusual as all my male family members have facial hair. My biggest insecurity is that I don't have a deep voice I still sound like an 11-year-old. I am also 5'4 very small for my age. I am from a Hispanic background which means that I can't speak openly about this to anyone I also have social anxiety so it is hard to speak about this. My brother started showing signs of facial hair and a deep voice at 13 and my brother teases me about it. Please can you suggest what to do?
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Don't worry, there are many boys in the same position as you. You will probably just start puberty a little bit later than average. I'm sorry your brother is being mean to you about it, that is very immature of him and says more about him than you. Try not to get too down about it, your time will come
builderxyz
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If you are very worried then you can go and speak to your GP. Don't be embarrassed at all when speaking to them as they've dealt with these issues many times. However I would also say you can just wait a bit. I knew some guys who didn't grow facial hair until they were 16 so maybe you can just be patient about it. Also this is completely normal, " https://teens.webmd.com/boys/facial-hair-faq#1 " says "Getting hair on your face is one of the last changes of puberty. On average, boys start noticing hair on their face around age 15 or 16."
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (181)
14.38%
I'm not sure (59)
4.69%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (368)
29.23%
I have already dropped out (37)
2.94%
I'm not a current university student (614)
48.77%

Watched Threads