Really bad cramps but not on period

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I’m getting the worst cramps ever and I thought it was my period but it isn’t. I called 111 and they’re making me wait hours for a phone call back.
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I’m getting the worst cramps ever and I thought it was my period but it isn’t. I called 111 and they’re making me wait hours for a phone call back.
Are you due on your period?
Have you had sex recently?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by DrawTheLine)
Are you due on your period?
Have you had sex recently?
Nope to both
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Nope to both
It could be any number of reasons, maybe your hormones are just out of whack today as that can happen. But it's good you phoned 111, they're the best people to help you. Also, most recently when I phoned 111 a few weeks ago, they said I'd be phoned within 6 hours and they phoned about 20 minutes later so they may phone back faster than you think.

In the mean time, take painkillers, use hot water bottles and massage the area to help with the pain. I've been there with violently painful cramps so I really do sympathise, and I hope it turns out to be nothing serious.
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
I hope the cramps ease up soon! I’ve had random cramps with no period before and they’re very unpleasant to say the least!..
You’ve done the best thing possible by calling 111, like DrawTheLine suggested take some painkillers and hot water bottle.

If the craps become increasingly painful (have to stop what you’re doing painful) or last more than 30 mins of continuous severe pain and/ or don’t ease when you lie down/ rest, I would call back 111 or go to a&e depending how severe.

Hopefully you hear back from 111 ASAP x
Anonymous #1
(Original post by DrawTheLine)
It could be any number of reasons, maybe your hormones are just out of whack today as that can happen. But it's good you phoned 111, they're the best people to help you. Also, most recently when I phoned 111 a few weeks ago, they said I'd be phoned within 6 hours and they phoned about 20 minutes later so they may phone back faster than you think.

In the mean time, take painkillers, use hot water bottles and massage the area to help with the pain. I've been there with violently painful cramps so I really do sympathise, and I hope it turns out to be nothing serious.
I hope the cramps ease up soon! I’ve had random cramps with no period before and they’re very unpleasant to say the least!..
You’ve done the best thing possible by calling 111, like DrawTheLine suggested take some painkillers and hot water bottle.

If the craps become increasingly painful (have to stop what you’re doing painful) or last more than 30 mins of continuous severe pain and/ or don’t ease when you lie down/ rest, I would call back 111 or go to a&e depending how severe.

Hopefully you hear back from 111 ASAP x
111 got back to me and telling me it could be a tummy bug or food poisoning. And I should just drink water and wait it out. I am fuming but what I can expect from the nhs it feels like I am being stabbed repeatedly.
Anonymous #3
Report 4 weeks ago
I am fuming but what I can expect from the nhs
You may be fuming, but have you had medical/healthcare training and then tried to assess someone over the phone? From your attitude, I doubt it. You also went to get advice from a medical professional and got it FOR FREE.
You have had advice from them and on here. I really don't know what sort of other advice re these cramps you're after. Take the advice and if it persists/gets worse, ring them again. (I was going to suggest making an urgent GP appointment as you'd see someone face to face but that's pretty impossible with Covid right now)
LovelyMrFox
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Like they told you it could be just a stomach bug or any number of reasons. Drink some water and get a hotpack, if it continues it would be a better idea to see your GP.
Anonymous #1
You may be fuming, but have you had medical/healthcare training and then tried to assess someone over the phone? From your attitude, I doubt it. You also went to get advice from a medical professional and got it FOR FREE.
You have had advice from them and on here. I really don't know what sort of other advice re these cramps you're after. Take the advice and if it persists/gets worse, ring them again. (I was going to suggest making an urgent GP appointment as you'd see someone face to face but that's pretty impossible with Covid right now)
No you don’t understand my medical history. Many times the gp have made my problems seem small and then I’d end up in emergency staying many nights. So don’t tell me how to feel, you have no idea what I’m going through.
Scottishlad888
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
If its very bad call 999 and ask for an Ambulance the hospital will check you
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Scottishlad888)
If its very bad call 999 and ask for an Ambulance the hospital will check you
It has gone better after sitting in the hot bath for 2 hours but gp has told me to pick up meds and only eat rice bread or pasta while I still have diarrhoea. They said only call 999 if I stop urinating.
I will just have to deal with this because I have no one to pick it up for me. I can’t even walk straight
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (177)
14.48%
I'm not sure (56)
4.58%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (359)
29.38%
I have already dropped out (35)
2.86%
I'm not a current university student (595)
48.69%

Watched Threads