The Student Room Group

Just broke up in need of help

Me and my girlfriend broke up today. It was my choice to do so because things were not working out and it was becoming a toxic relationship. However, today I’ve received messages from her threatening to drive into walls and end their life. I am so scared that she will do it I feel scared, trapped and quite frankly I don’t see how I’d sleep at night if it did happen, I know we split up but I’m so worried and would hate to see them hurt their self please help.
Original post by Anonymous
Me and my girlfriend broke up today. It was my choice to do so because things were not working out and it was becoming a toxic relationship. However, today I’ve received messages from her threatening to drive into walls and end their life. I am so scared that she will do it I feel scared, trapped and quite frankly I don’t see how I’d sleep at night if it did happen, I know we split up but I’m so worried and would hate to see them hurt their self please help.

Leave her to her own devices. She's trying to use a scare tactic to try and drag you back.
Thats blackmail dont take her back as you know it wont work out
let her do it

She won't do it, trust me I've heard it all my life people saying they'd do this if they leave. They don't most she'd do is have a drink or cry. If it's meant to be it would be, she'll get over it, just like you will. It's life. If she loved you and you knew that I doubt you'd break up with her, and then be scared. It seems like she's very emotionally distressed and needs professional help. We've all said **** when we're upset best thing to do is remain calm, chances of anyone killing themselves because of a breakup is rare, she just needs to get over it and heal.

Do you have one of her parent's contact details ...
Reply 6
Toxic blackmail. Do you have the number of a close friend or parent of hers? Reach out to them or tell her to call a helpline.
Dont panic though, she most likely wont do it, its generally a manipulative tactic.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending