Didinho
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Dear,

I would like to know if Therapeutic Radiography is a excepcional course? I had student finance before for my first BSc (Hons), now l would like to do another BSc (Hons) in Therapeutic Radiography to work for NHS.
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Didinho)
Dear,

I would like to know if Therapeutic Radiography is a excepcional course? I had student finance before for my first BSc (Hons), now l would like to do another BSc (Hons) in Therapeutic Radiography to work for NHS.
Hi,
For the 2019/20 and 2020/21 AY we will fund the following AHP courses;
• Chiropody
• Dental hygiene (Honours degree, diploma or foundation degree)
• Dental therapy (Honours degree, diploma or foundation degree)
• Dental hygiene and dental therapy (Joint or dual honours)
• Dietetics
• Dietetics and nutrition*
• Midwifery (Degree or diploma level)
• Nursing (Degree or diploma level)
• Nursing and social work** (Dual honours)
• Occupational therapy
• Operating department practice (Degree or diploma level)
• Orthoptics
• Physiotherapy
• Podiatry
• Prosthetics and Orthotics
• Radiography
• Radiotherapy
• Speech and language therapy

Thanks, Isaac
Didinho
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hi there,

I’m wondering if anyone from SFE might be able to help me please. I’m a mature student who has previously completed a degree (not in the healthcare field). This academic year l have applied for Therapeutic Radiography BSc full time academic year (2020/2021) at London Southbank university. Prior to applying, I carried out all my due diligence and sought advise from Student Finance England to ensure I met the criteria for student loan. I was assured by both NHS career advisers and Student Finance England representatives that I was eligible to receive student finance assistance from Student Finance England.
After meeting all the entry requirements, I have been offered a place by London South Bank University to study BSc (Hons) in Therapeutic Radiography starting this September. However, my attempt to obtain assistance from Student Finance England has been unsuccessful following a formal review (which was received in less than two weeks ago of writing this message) the reason for rejection being that I previously obtained maintenance loan and tuition fee assistance from Student Finance England for my first BSc (Hons), I have posed to Student Finance England that BSc (Hons) in Therapeutic Radiography is an exceptional course due to importance to the NHS, however this has been rejected. Please can you help clarify?

Kind regards,
Dias
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Didinho)
Hi there,

I’m wondering if anyone from SFE might be able to help me please. I’m a mature student who has previously completed a degree (not in the healthcare field). This academic year l have applied for Therapeutic Radiography BSc full time academic year (2020/2021) at London Southbank university. Prior to applying, I carried out all my due diligence and sought advise from Student Finance England to ensure I met the criteria for student loan. I was assured by both NHS career advisers and Student Finance England representatives that I was eligible to receive student finance assistance from Student Finance England.
After meeting all the entry requirements, I have been offered a place by London South Bank University to study BSc (Hons) in Therapeutic Radiography starting this September. However, my attempt to obtain assistance from Student Finance England has been unsuccessful following a formal review (which was received in less than two weeks ago of writing this message) the reason for rejection being that I previously obtained maintenance loan and tuition fee assistance from Student Finance England for my first BSc (Hons), I have posed to Student Finance England that BSc (Hons) in Therapeutic Radiography is an exceptional course due to importance to the NHS, however this has been rejected. Please can you help clarify?

Kind regards,
Dias
Hi, as far as I'm aware this should be an exception course. Please can you message us on Facebook/Twitter with your name and CRN or alternatively you can also call us. We can then review your account and if necessary we can check with an assessor.
Thanks, Isaac
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (172)
14.68%
I'm not sure (54)
4.61%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (344)
29.35%
I have already dropped out (35)
2.99%
I'm not a current university student (567)
48.38%

Watched Threads