pppopcorn
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I have been at uni a week and I think its ok so far. I like the friends I've made but uni life hasn't been what I expected and I'm not loving it like people said I would. Covid definitely isn't helping that. My course is ok but I cannot imagine doing it and it getting more advanced for 3 years but I don't know what other course I could do. I missed out on my chance at an accountancy apprenticeship but feel I have a good shot at getting it for next september (after speaking to the company). I don't mind uni life but I just don't think it's for me and I'm not enthusiastic about my course. However, I'd have to take a gap year and I'm worried about not being able to get work. Please give me advice
Mr T 999
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
If you aim is to get into accounting you don't need a degree. You can do an AAT course then do a ACCA or CIMA or any other charted qualification afterwards.

If you have an AAT you can get an basic accounting job which gives you accounting experience and that experience contributes towards the work experience requirements for charted qualification.

Best thing to do is try get an apprenticeship or alternately do an AAT qualification I believe you can fund it with a advance leaner loan which works similar to student loans.
Popsiclez
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Mr T 999)
If you aim is to get into accounting you don't need a degree. You can do an AAT course then do a ACCA or CIMA or any other charted qualification afterwards.

If you have an AAT you can get an basic accounting job which gives you accounting experience and that experience contributes towards the work experience requirements for charted qualification.

Best thing to do is try get an apprenticeship or alternately do an AAT qualification I believe you can fund it with a advance leaner loan which works similar to student loans.
Is there a similar path I can take for Engineering? I'm considering dropping out after 1st year after my contract is up
Mr T 999
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Popsiclez)
Is there a similar path I can take for Engineering? I'm considering dropping out after 1st year after my contract is up
You can do a engineering apprenticeship or join the army they have very good engineering program and good salary and pay for all training.
OnAndOff
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by pppopcorn)
I have been at uni a week and I think its ok so far. I like the friends I've made but uni life hasn't been what I expected and I'm not loving it like people said I would. Covid definitely isn't helping that. My course is ok but I cannot imagine doing it and it getting more advanced for 3 years but I don't know what other course I could do. I missed out on my chance at an accountancy apprenticeship but feel I have a good shot at getting it for next september (after speaking to the company). I don't mind uni life but I just don't think it's for me and I'm not enthusiastic about my course. However, I'd have to take a gap year and I'm worried about not being able to get work. Please give me advice
I want to do accounting too so may I ask, what A-Levels did you take? Because I'm not taking Maths so I just want to know if that's fine.
pppopcorn
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by OnAndOff)
I want to do accounting too so may I ask, what A-Levels did you take? Because I'm not taking Maths so I just want to know if that's fine.
I did maths chemistry and history and got all a*s and as
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (176)
14.56%
I'm not sure (56)
4.63%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (354)
29.28%
I have already dropped out (35)
2.89%
I'm not a current university student (588)
48.64%

Watched Threads