anyone else feel so crippled internship/grad job hunting?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
sorry if this is just a bit of a vent none of my university friends, who are more like drinking buddies basically, are job hunting. so i just feel really alone right now

i go to a good university and i’m in my final year of economics. i have an excellent academic profile and lots of extra curriculars, although no actual fully relevant work experience. currently sending out lots of applications to banks, who are notorious for opening their grad roles and internships really early and recruiting on a rolling basis so current it’s a race against time to stand out against thousands of other applicants. sigh.

how are you all coping?
aadil10
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I know the same feeling, I'm in the same position with no relevant experience but everything else. I haven't started any applications yet so I need to get job hunting too.

Really make sure you research each company you apply to in depth, you need to convince them that your skills (which you've gained from non-industry experiences) will be a benefit to them. Believe yourself that you're better than the thousands of others applying and portray that belief to the company.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (176)
14.56%
I'm not sure (56)
4.63%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (354)
29.28%
I have already dropped out (35)
2.89%
I'm not a current university student (588)
48.64%

Watched Threads