UrGrandpap
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I currently do Physics, Maths and Geography for A-levels but I'm struggling in Physics despite my grade 8 in GCSE. I don't even know what I want to be in future. I just want to be able to provide my family (if I'll have kids) with a good amount of money while enjoying my job.

I already do maths which is said to be hard (however I'm finding it pretty basic) and with Physics paired on top, it's really frustrating. Plus, physics is mainly for engineering jobs isn't it? Engineering sounds boring to me. I also heard that economics is pretty easy.

So should I choose economics or physics?
UrGrandpap
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
bump
Emily~3695
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I think if you’re struggling now that’s normal but if your more interested in economics then go for it, physics is fairly difficult and a lot oF people who do well tend to be quite interested in it, both are good subjects and both are challenging it rly depends on what you enjoy, maybe try picking up economics as a fourth for a bit and then drop one when you have decided which one you prefer
NoMercy21
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by UrGrandpap)
I currently do Physics, Maths and Geography for A-levels but I'm struggling in Physics despite my grade 8 in GCSE. I don't even know what I want to be in future. I just want to be able to provide my family (if I'll have kids) with a good amount of money while enjoying my job.

I already do maths which is said to be hard (however I'm finding it pretty basic) and with Physics paired on top, it's really frustrating. Plus, physics is mainly for engineering jobs isn't it? Engineering sounds boring to me. I also heard that economics is pretty easy.

So should I choose economics or physics?
Actually, there are plenty of other jobs in relation to mathematics and physics which dont involve Engineering such as jobs in relation to Computer Science and you could actually get into Economics using Physics as well as Business and Geology. NEVER choose a subject based on how easy you believe it will be cos generally the topics get harder and harder. Don't feel forced to choose between 2 subjects and just choose what you genuinely enjoy. Make a career path based on what you like and stick to it. Plenty of careers are out there, just make sure to check universities early and check entry requirements for the courses so you arent left in the position to resit the year. Of course there are also apprenticeships available so you can even earn as you study and get a real job at the end of it and get your university tuition paid for you. Good Luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (172)
14.7%
I'm not sure (54)
4.62%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (343)
29.32%
I have already dropped out (35)
2.99%
I'm not a current university student (566)
48.38%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed