Does anyone know how to prepare for math section of NSAA

Watch
Destinex
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
I know in the 2020 section like the old specification it is compulsory. I would really like to practise these non-calculator type of questions, since all my A-level and GCSE exams have been with a calculator, and I want to practise more than the few papers they give. Thankyou!
Destinex
Rep:
?
bump?
Destinex
Rep:
?
double bump
Destinex
Rep:
?
triple bump!
_
Destinex
Rep:
?
@donnesbury
Blackhart
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Never done this paper before but having a quick look over some questions I would suggest doing some UKMT math challenge papers. Non-calculator and somewhat similar style of question. The questions do seem a little more technical than UKMT papers so I don't think it would hurt to do some GCSE maths papers (perhaps only the questions worth 4 marks or less) as well as that seems to be around the same level of content. This would make sure you don't have gaps in your knowledge that could be exposed in the test. I think a combination of those and obviously NSAA past papers would be enough to feel pretty confident.

Below is a link to the spec so I would look through this as well and if you see anything you don't feel confident on go on physics and maths tutor and work through problems specifically related to the topic.

https://www.undergraduate.study.cam....ation_2019.pdf

Hope this helps.
VK1892
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Check out the questions on the MAT - they will be a bit harder on average, but very similar types of questions and thinking.
Destinex
Rep:
?
Blackhart
VK1892
Both incredible thankyou!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (43)
37.07%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (11)
9.48%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (5)
4.31%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (29)
25%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (18)
15.52%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (10)
8.62%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed