HE access to medicine courses in London

Watch
qqewrty1
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
if i wanted to study medicine in 2021 but have mediocre gcse grades or alevels.
im hoping to do an access course for medicine along with November Gcse resits to compensate for my bad grades.
the thing is that the deadline to apply for Medicine is in October, like two week before i even resit my gcses.
so ill be submitting my grades and whatnot and theyll see the bad gcses instead of the retook gcse grades.
what should i do in this situation? I have read on tsr that access courses are accepted and some unis may take you. But is it worth doing an access to medicine course?
qqewrty1
Rep:
?
does anyone know which college are best for sitting the HE access to medicine course in London. the prices vary in the 000s but did you get find that the more expensive ones were worth it?
qqewrty1
Rep:
?
(Original post by qqewrty1)
does anyone know which college are best for sitting the HE access to medicine course in London. the prices vary in the 000s but did you get find that the more expensive ones were worth it?
also did you guys go in or did you opt for distant learning
qqewrty1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Is anyone doing access to medicine?
i watned to apply does anyone know if they take people doing distant learning?
stuntmanhy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
As far as I know, Lambeth and City and Islington are the only ones in London that are (somewhat) widely accepted by med schools. Your med school choices will be a lot more limited than if you did A-Levels but that will be the case for any Access to Medicine course.
qqewrty1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by stuntmanhy)
As far as I know, Lambeth and City and Islington are the only ones in London that are (somewhat) widely accepted by med schools. Your med school choices will be a lot more limited than if you did A-Levels but that will be the case for any Access to Medicine course.
Theyre all booked up already- did your uni allow distant learning?
stuntmanhy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by qqewrty1)
Theyre all booked up already- did your uni allow distant learning?
I don't think they did when I applied, but med schools change their entry criteria all the time so maybe there are some now that accept that, I'm not sure I'm afraid.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (89)
13.95%
I'm not sure (30)
4.7%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (202)
31.66%
I have already dropped out (14)
2.19%
I'm not a current university student (303)
47.49%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed