Should I break Up with him?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I Love my bf, when he is at his best he is so sweet and kind and a gentleman. But since he has moved away he has been so distant and disrespectful. He keeps bringing up the topic of nudes which I already expressed multiple times that I am uncomfortable with. He brings up previous experiences we’ve had to guilt trip me and because he doesn’t get what he wants, He starts talking like he hates me.
Jxsminee
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Break up with him!
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I Love my bf, when he is at his best he is so sweet and kind and a gentleman. But since he has moved away he has been so distant and disrespectful. He keeps bringing up the topic of nudes which I already expressed multiple times that I am uncomfortable with. He brings up previous experiences we’ve had to guilt trip me and because he doesn’t get what he wants, He starts talking like he hates me.
The usual TSR advice .....break up with him!
Gillzy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Stay with him and be unhappy for the rest of your life.
Scottishlad888
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Tell him its all over between you two he is very immature he is showing no real love or respect for you at all block him on everything
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Yes.
Plenty of much more appealing fishes in the dating sea.
BlackkQueen12
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
leave
Plain1
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Dump him.
Anonymous #1
I spoke to him about it and said that I am unhappy in the relationship etc and he is promising to change and better him self?
Scottishlad888
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I spoke to him about it and said that I am unhappy in the relationship etc and he is promising to change and better him self?
They never change dont be taken in walk away before its to late
Plain1
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
He might change for a week.
The second you said no should have been when he changed his behaviour.
Dunnig Kruger
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Give him one set of second chances.

No more nagging you for nudes - or he's out.

His blackmailing you or guilt tripping you to get what he wants should be limited to once every 3 months, on average. Any more often than that and he can sling his hook.

The talking like he hates you, allow him a maximum of 2 such negatively emotional outbursts per year. We can all have the odd bad day. Nobody's perfect. Lover's tiff's do happen. You are not going to agree on everything. But talking like he hates you is not on if he does it regularly. He's supposed to love you, not hate you.

Set high standards. High standards in terms of your own behaviour. High standards in terms of what you are willing to accept form any boyfriend that you ever have.
Anonymous #1
Thank you guys for your advice I really appreciate it x
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Dunnig Kruger)
Give him one set of second chances.

No more nagging you for nudes - or he's out.

His blackmailing you or guilt tripping you to get what he wants should be limited to once every 3 months, on average. Any more often than that and he can sling his hook.

The talking like he hates you, allow him a maximum of 2 such negatively emotional outbursts per year. We can all have the odd bad day. Nobody's perfect. Lover's tiff's do happen. You are not going to agree on everything. But talking like he hates you is not on if he does it regularly. He's supposed to love you, not hate you.

Set high standards. High standards in terms of your own behaviour. High standards in terms of what you are willing to accept form any boyfriend that you ever have.
I really like this. Thank you I will definitely try this and it it fails I guess it is better to walk away.
LovelyMrFox
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Why would you stay with someone who cannot realize your uncomftorable? Or even worse who chooses to ignore it?
You deserve better.
FRS500
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
You answered your own question.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I broke up with him and now I feel so low
Scottishlad888
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
You need to talk with your friends
LovelyMrFox
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Partake in some hobbies, talk with your friends and loved ones, try your best to take your mind off it :console:
Last edited by LovelyMrFox; 3 weeks ago
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Scottishlad888)
You need to talk with your friends
I did but their not understanding of me being upset, they just say I need to get over it and its a good thing
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (133)
14.81%
I'm not sure (40)
4.45%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (271)
30.18%
I have already dropped out (22)
2.45%
I'm not a current university student (432)
48.11%

Watched Threads