annamaria19
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
What do UK universities look at besides grades?
ecolier
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Money
historynerd47
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Depending on how competitive the university, the more things as well as your grades they look at. But generally, good personal statement, supercurriculars, extracurriculars, work experience, volunteering
annamaria19
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by historynerd47)
Depending on how competitive the university, the more things as well as your grades they look at. But generally, good personal statement, supercurriculars, extracurriculars, work experience, volunteering
Thank you! What do you mean by supercurriculars? Also, what kind of extracurriculars do they like the most?
historynerd47
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by annamaria19)
Thank you! What do you mean by supercurriculars? Also, what kind of extracurriculars do they like the most?
Supercurriculars are things you do outside the curriculum (what you study at school) but that are relevant to your academic subject and builds on your knowledge/interest/experience. Some ideas here: https://www.oxford-royale.com/articl...2-9161f2cdfb52
Extracurriculars are generally less important to be honest, probably only top unis take them into account. But I would say anything that demonstrates commitment and dedication- like a role at school e.g. prefect/head girl, leadership position in any club/sports team or something done to a high level like a high grade in music or achievement in sport. Depends what you are doing, I would imagine that for something sports science related then sporting achievements would be especially valued
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (163)
14.54%
I'm not sure (51)
4.55%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (330)
29.44%
I have already dropped out (33)
2.94%
I'm not a current university student (544)
48.53%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed