how to apply for a contexual for these unis..

Watch
jyothika14
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
kings college london and queen mary uni of London, ucl, imperial
McGinger
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
If the criteria for a contextual offer isnt available on each Unis website - email and ask for it.
Some Unis can be very vague about this - unhelpful as you dont know whether to risk applying or not.

If you do qualify, you wont need to do anything - the Unis pick up the pointers from your UCAS application (your school code, your postcode, if you have been in care, etc etc) automatically, and if you are made an offer it will be at the lower grades.
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by jyothika14)
As above, you don't apply for a contextual offer.

You just apply to the unis in the normal way through UCAS and if you meet their conditions for contextual offers then they will make you a reduced offer
jyothika14
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by McGinger)
If the criteria for a contextual offer isnt available on each Unis website - email and ask for it.
Some Unis can be very vague about this - unhelpful as you dont know whether to risk applying or not.

If you do qualify, you wont need to do anything - the Unis pick up the pointers from your UCAS application (your school code, your postcode, if you have been in care, etc etc) automatically, and if you are made an offer it will be at the lower grades.
(Original post by harrysbar)
As above, you don't apply for a contextual offer.

You just apply to the unis in the normal way through UCAS and if you meet their conditions for contextual offers then they will make you a reduced offer
so how come for some you have to apply for example uni of bristol?
Supersurfer010
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
For UCL you don’t have to do anything. It’s automatic. Just make sure your address on UCAS is yours. Not sure about the others
_mo_lhm
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by jyothika14)
maybe it could be a good idea to point it out to the person writing your reference to include it in although the university automatically checks for that.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (99)
13.32%
I'm not sure (32)
4.31%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (231)
31.09%
I have already dropped out (18)
2.42%
I'm not a current university student (363)
48.86%

Watched Threads