How to answer this situational judgment question?

Watch
BTS_biased
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
A colleague emails you to say they will be very late to their meeting with you due to another meeting running behind. They had planned to use your meeting to get your thoughts on a report. They are asking if you can meet tomorrow morning instead. Your colleague says they need to complete the report by tomorrow, but you know the meeting with them will involve a lot of discussion and tomorrow is shaping up to be a busy day. You are still waiting to hear back from a senior colleague about whether they need you to do extra tasks tomorrow on top of what you are already assigned.

Out of these three, select the Most Effective and the Least Effective option:
1)Take time to plan all the work that will need doing tomorrow as much as possible to consider how you can schedule in the meeting.
2)Hold off on reviewing your schedule until you hear back from the senior colleague and update the colleague on your availability afterwards.
3) Suggest to your colleague to have a shortened meeting today as youa re unsure what your availability will be tomorrow.
Spongebob'sPants
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
i'd say least effective is 2) and most effective is 3)
BTS_biased
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Spongebob'sPants)
i'd say least effective is 2) and most effective is 3)
yeah I am not sure about why 1 is not most effective
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (57)
15.57%
I'm not sure (11)
3.01%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (126)
34.43%
I have already dropped out (6)
1.64%
I'm not a current university student (166)
45.36%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed