The Student Room Group

Therapeutic Times with Persephone and Pals!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Oxford Mum
Looks wonderful!

Thank you - it was :awesome:
Original post by Muttley79
Wow Persephone - what a busy time you've had :smile:

I'm not a fan of lobster but that meal does look good .. dd you get any to try?

That afternoon tea at F & Ms looks amazing :smile:

The tea shop also looks very British with those Union Jacks [these are those triangular flags]... KFC is a fast food shop and the 'C' in the initials stands for chicken ...

I hope the others are not too jealous :grouphugs:

Sadly I was not present at the Burger and Lobster meal, otherwise I'd have loved some lobster :gah:

The tea shop is very British indeed! Very Prim and Proper! :eek:

PtTP
Original post by 5hyl33n
I've only skied once but it didn't go well. :tongue:

:hugs:

TLG says all the best people don't ski, so you're in good company :yep:

PtTP :five:
Original post by nmah
Sounds like a lot of fun stuff! You are learning so much about being a British Penguin, Persephone (and I am learning a lot too!) I recently found out about places you can go for afternoon tea and I wish we had it here! The food looks amazing, especially that lobster:shock:

Thank you, nmah! How are you doing today? I hope you're not too stressed out :penguinhug:

PtTP
Original post by londonmyst
I've been having lots of fun baby sitting the pet human's youngest friends, food tasting for them and grabbing tasty treats out of their lunchboxes. :u:
Lots of chocolate, cheestrings, crisps, sandwiches and sugar filled delights. :tong:
DMB.jpg
I sometimes grab small snacks from the toddler's hands & tray but the family german shepherd doggie doesn't like me getting too close and tries to scare me away with his teeth.
I'm not scared, I know his bark is worse than bite; he likes to chew carrots and eat avocado toast for hobbies. :biggrin:

Hmmm, I think you need to be Very Careful, Mr Bulldog, if there are carrots and avocado toast in your household. These sound like Very Healthy Things that are related to the dreaded D-word. We wouldn't want such things to be inflicted on you! :headfire:

TLG loves cheesestrings :moon:

PtTP :hugs:
Reply 42
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Thank you, nmah! How are you doing today? I hope you're not too stressed out :penguinhug:

PtTP

Thanks for asking, my big SAT test got cancelled:woo: (this is the 4th time!) but honestly I am happy about it because it took a lot off my shoulders:groovy:
Now its time to study for the HAT, because I finally found a test center that wasn't across the country
Original post by nmah
Thanks for asking, my big SAT test got cancelled:woo: (this is the 4th time!) but honestly I am happy about it because it took a lot off my shoulders:groovy:
Now its time to study for the HAT, because I finally found a test center that wasn't across the country

Have you got a teacher that can help you with the HAT?

Fortnum and Masons is very posh but you can have afternoon tea in plenty of places :smile:

Cream teas are also lovely - this thread will be a real education for you :biggrin:
Reply 44
Have you got a teacher that can help you with the HAT?

Fortnum and Masons is very posh but you can have afternoon tea in plenty of places :smile:

Cream teas are also lovely - this thread will be a real education for you :biggrin:

Unfortunately I am alone in studying for the HAT, but I spoke to an Oxford student (through OxPath) and they helped me out quite a bit.

It is definietly an education! I watch a lot of British youtubers too so that helps lol.
I don't think I have had cream tea before... but I drink (Irish) breakfast tea daily if that's anything :dontknow:
Original post by nmah
Unfortunately I am alone in studying for the HAT, but I spoke to an Oxford student (through OxPath) and they helped me out quite a bit.

It is definietly an education! I watch a lot of British youtubers too so that helps lol.
I don't think I have had cream tea before... but I drink (Irish) breakfast tea daily if that's anything :dontknow:

Good that you were able to connect with someone.

A cream tea is a bit like afternoon tea but no sandwiches - just scones, cream and jam served with a pot of tea.

https://www.thetasmanianfoodco.com.au/whats-difference-cornish-devon-cream-tea/
Never heard of a lobster burger before :beard:
Glad you were able to have a good time even if you couldn’t leave TLG’s bag often :mmm:
Reply 47
Good that you were able to connect with someone.

A cream tea is a bit like afternoon tea but no sandwiches - just scones, cream and jam served with a pot of tea.

https://www.thetasmanianfoodco.com.au/whats-difference-cornish-devon-cream-tea/

That sounds incredible, yum!
Reply 48
The lobster burger looks very good! So does the tea shop, we dont have anything like that over here :no:
Hope you had a good time even if you werent allowed out of TLG's bag :tongue:
Hmmm, that didn't work. Is that for Macs only? :sad:

Do you have a warm/wearable blanket? I got one last year for my birthday :awesome: It's good for days like these :yep:

TLG

No, it should work on PC.

Yes, I have a duvet and spend a lot of time under it.
Original post by nmah

Yaaaaaaaaaaaay! We're happy you're happy :biggrin:

PtTP
Original post by laurawatt
Never heard of a lobster burger before :beard:
Glad you were able to have a good time even if you couldn’t leave TLG’s bag often :mmm:

It was a very extravagant burger: cost £30 just for that burger alone! :headfire: It had a nice big beef burger, lobster clawmeat, brie, truffle mayo, and something else that we can't remember :eek2:

PtTP
Original post by LovelyMrFox
The lobster burger looks very good! So does the tea shop, we dont have anything like that over here :no:
Hope you had a good time even if you werent allowed out of TLG's bag :tongue:

Thank you, Fox! :h: It was a bit sad being cooped up in TLG's bag but at least I had a good view of what was going on :colondollar:

PtTP
Original post by Iñigo de Loyola
No, it should work on PC.

Yes, I have a duvet and spend a lot of time under it.

Ah I don't have a separate numberpad thing on this laptop so that's poss why I can't get it to work :holmes:

Duvet time is good for the soul :yep:

TLG
I hope everyone is having a good Sunday :h: TLG did some volunteering, so I sat with her while she did it. It was all on this mysterious thing called Zoom :ninja:

I asked if I could wave at the people on the other end of the call, but TLG said that would not be very professional and she might get into trouble :eek: We of course would never want to get TLG into trouble, so we just sat to the side of the laptop screen and waited patiently :colondollar:

Then TLG went out without me :cry2: to Poundland and M&S. Apparently M&S is a Very British Thing that I must learn about, if I am to consider myself a British penguin :yep: She has promised to take me next time :moon:

What's everyone else up to? :h:

PtTP
Reply 52
I hope everyone is having a good Sunday :h: TLG did some volunteering, so I sat with her while she did it. It was all on this mysterious thing called Zoom :ninja:

I asked if I could wave at the people on the other end of the call, but TLG said that would not be very professional and she might get into trouble :eek: We of course would never want to get TLG into trouble, so we just sat to the side of the laptop screen and waited patiently :colondollar:

Then TLG went out without me :cry2: to Poundland and M&S. Apparently M&S is a Very British Thing that I must learn about, if I am to consider myself a British penguin :yep: She has promised to take me next time :moon:

PtTP

Sorry you couldn't be in more of the action today Persephone, but I bet you will be up to some adventure soon!

Today I am doing my Biology homework (its an advanced class and I don't like science :angry:) but hopefully I can Zoom with a friend I haven't talked to in months so that's good:redface:
Glad you had a good day Persephone :hugs: That was a very extravagant burger :headfire:

I’ve been doing some maths today :woo:

PtTP

I love M&S! Hopefully, TLG will take you next time.

Today, I finished all my A-Level work so I can revise for upcoming year 13 mocks without worrying about any deadlines this week!
Oh dear, it seems many of you have Very Important Revising to do :frown:

Here's a motivational Therapy Penguin picture to remind you all how awesome and clever you are :awesome:

20200927_200512-compressed.jpg.jpeg

:grouphugs:
Another lovely photo Persephone.

As well as work for school I was watching via TV my team Essex CCC play cricket at Lord's cricket ground - they won a trophy today. Cricket is also something a British penguin needs to know about.

I hope you all have a good week :grouphugs:
Oh dear, it seems many of you have Very Important Revising to do :frown:

Here's a motivational Therapy Penguin picture to remind you all how awesome and clever you are :awesome:

20200927_200512-compressed.jpg.jpeg

:grouphugs:

:penguinhug:
Another lovely photo Persephone.

As well as work for school I was watching via TV my team Essex CCC play cricket at Lord's cricket ground - they won a trophy today. Cricket is also something a British penguin needs to know about.

I hope you all have a good week :grouphugs:

Yay for trophy! TLG tells me that knowing about cricket is also important if I want to consider myself a Sri Lankan penguin :yep: I'd rather just stick with being a British penguin though :yep:

PtTP
Original post by laurawatt
:penguinhug:

:cube:
Hello everyone :wavey:

Just a quick one to apologise for the lack of updates today. TLG is still Quite Poorly, so we're having to make sure she rests loads. She's been eating this very funny-coloured paste thing. She says it's delicious but I'm suspicious tbh :ninja: It looks weird. TLG said it's called houmous :dontknow:

Today we popped into Tesco to pick up a few things. I was so excited to go along with TLG, to practice the British art of queuing :gah: but when we got there, there was no queue for us to join :sad:

Hope everyone is keeping well and not up studying late! :grouphugs:

PtTP

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending