Therapeutic Times with Persephone and Pals!

Watch
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
Oh hello Mr Bulldog :hi: :lovehug: :hi: Good to see you in here! Calliope, Esio Trot, Hildegard and I were quite worried about you and whether the D-word had taken hold your end :headfire: Glad to see that all is well and that your Pet Human is well-trained and keeping you fed and watered :yep: Can't have you wasting away :no:

PtTP
I've been having lots of fun baby sitting the pet human's youngest friends, food tasting for them and grabbing tasty treats out of their lunchboxes.
Lots of chocolate, cheestrings, crisps, sandwiches and sugar filled delights. :tong:
Name:  DMB.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  121.3 KB
I sometimes grab small snacks from the toddler's hands & tray but the family german shepherd doggie doesn't like me getting too close and tries to scare me away with his teeth.
I'm not scared, I know his bark is worse than bite; he likes to chew carrots and eat avocado toast for hobbies.
The_Lonely_Goatherd
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
(Original post by Oxford Mum)
Looks wonderful!
Thank you - it was :awesome:
(Original post by Muttley79)
Wow Persephone - what a busy time you've had

I'm not a fan of lobster but that meal does look good .. dd you get any to try?

That afternoon tea at F & Ms looks amazing

The tea shop also looks very British with those Union Jacks [these are those triangular flags]... KFC is a fast food shop and the 'C' in the initials stands for chicken ...

I hope the others are not too jealous :grouphugs:
Sadly I was not present at the Burger and Lobster meal, otherwise I'd have loved some lobster :gah:

The tea shop is very British indeed! Very Prim and Proper! :eek:

PtTP
The_Lonely_Goatherd
Rep:
?
(Original post by 5hyl33n)
I've only skied once but it didn't go well.

:hugs:
TLG says all the best people don't ski, so you're in good company :yep:

PtTP :five:
(Original post by nmah)
Sounds like a lot of fun stuff! You are learning so much about being a British Penguin, Persephone (and I am learning a lot too!) I recently found out about places you can go for afternoon tea and I wish we had it here! The food looks amazing, especially that lobster:shock:
Thank you, nmah! How are you doing today? I hope you're not too stressed out :penguinhug:

PtTP
(Original post by londonmyst)
I've been having lots of fun baby sitting the pet human's youngest friends, food tasting for them and grabbing tasty treats out of their lunchboxes.
Lots of chocolate, cheestrings, crisps, sandwiches and sugar filled delights. :tong:
Name:  DMB.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  121.3 KB
I sometimes grab small snacks from the toddler's hands & tray but the family german shepherd doggie doesn't like me getting too close and tries to scare me away with his teeth.
I'm not scared, I know his bark is worse than bite; he likes to chew carrots and eat avocado toast for hobbies.
Hmmm, I think you need to be Very Careful, Mr Bulldog, if there are carrots and avocado toast in your household. These sound like Very Healthy Things that are related to the dreaded D-word. We wouldn't want such things to be inflicted on you! :headfire:

TLG loves cheesestrings :moon:

PtTP :hugs:
nmah
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Thank you, nmah! How are you doing today? I hope you're not too stressed out :penguinhug:

PtTP
Thanks for asking, my big SAT test got cancelled:woo: (this is the 4th time!) but honestly I am happy about it because it took a lot off my shoulders:groovy:
Now its time to study for the HAT, because I finally found a test center that wasn't across the country
Muttley79
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by nmah)
Thanks for asking, my big SAT test got cancelled:woo: (this is the 4th time!) but honestly I am happy about it because it took a lot off my shoulders:groovy:
Now its time to study for the HAT, because I finally found a test center that wasn't across the country
Have you got a teacher that can help you with the HAT?

Fortnum and Masons is very posh but you can have afternoon tea in plenty of places

Cream teas are also lovely - this thread will be a real education for you
nmah
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Have you got a teacher that can help you with the HAT?

Fortnum and Masons is very posh but you can have afternoon tea in plenty of places

Cream teas are also lovely - this thread will be a real education for you
Unfortunately I am alone in studying for the HAT, but I spoke to an Oxford student (through OxPath) and they helped me out quite a bit.

It is definietly an education! I watch a lot of British youtubers too so that helps lol.
I don't think I have had cream tea before... but I drink (Irish) breakfast tea daily if that's anything :dontknow:
Muttley79
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by nmah)
Unfortunately I am alone in studying for the HAT, but I spoke to an Oxford student (through OxPath) and they helped me out quite a bit.

It is definietly an education! I watch a lot of British youtubers too so that helps lol.
I don't think I have had cream tea before... but I drink (Irish) breakfast tea daily if that's anything :dontknow:
Good that you were able to connect with someone.

A cream tea is a bit like afternoon tea but no sandwiches - just scones, cream and jam served with a pot of tea.

https://www.thetasmanianfoodco.com.a...von-cream-tea/
laurawatt
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Never heard of a lobster burger before :beard:
Glad you were able to have a good time even if you couldn’t leave TLG’s bag often :mmm:
nmah
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Good that you were able to connect with someone.

A cream tea is a bit like afternoon tea but no sandwiches - just scones, cream and jam served with a pot of tea.

https://www.thetasmanianfoodco.com.a...von-cream-tea/
That sounds incredible, yum!
Foxehh
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
The lobster burger looks very good! So does the tea shop, we dont have anything like that over here :no:
Hope you had a good time even if you werent allowed out of TLG's bag
Iñigo de Loyola
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Hmmm, that didn't work. Is that for Macs only? :sad:

Do you have a warm/wearable blanket? I got one last year for my birthday :awesome: It's good for days like these :yep:

TLG
No, it should work on PC.

Yes, I have a duvet and spend a lot of time under it.
The_Lonely_Goatherd
Rep:
?
(Original post by nmah)
Yaaaaaaaaaaaay! We're happy you're happy

PtTP
(Original post by laurawatt)
Never heard of a lobster burger before :beard:
Glad you were able to have a good time even if you couldn’t leave TLG’s bag often :mmm:
It was a very extravagant burger: cost £30 just for that burger alone! :headfire: It had a nice big beef burger, lobster clawmeat, brie, truffle mayo, and something else that we can't remember :eek2:

PtTP
(Original post by LovelyMrFox)
The lobster burger looks very good! So does the tea shop, we dont have anything like that over here :no:
Hope you had a good time even if you werent allowed out of TLG's bag
Thank you, Fox! It was a bit sad being cooped up in TLG's bag but at least I had a good view of what was going on

PtTP
(Original post by Iñigo de Loyola)
No, it should work on PC.

Yes, I have a duvet and spend a lot of time under it.
Ah I don't have a separate numberpad thing on this laptop so that's poss why I can't get it to work :holmes:

Duvet time is good for the soul :yep:

TLG
The_Lonely_Goatherd
Rep:
?
I hope everyone is having a good Sunday TLG did some volunteering, so I sat with her while she did it. It was all on this mysterious thing called Zoom :ninja:

I asked if I could wave at the people on the other end of the call, but TLG said that would not be very professional and she might get into trouble :eek: We of course would never want to get TLG into trouble, so we just sat to the side of the laptop screen and waited patiently

Then TLG went out without me :cry2: to Poundland and M&S. Apparently M&S is a Very British Thing that I must learn about, if I am to consider myself a British penguin :yep: She has promised to take me next time :moon:

What's everyone else up to?

PtTP
nmah
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I hope everyone is having a good Sunday TLG did some volunteering, so I sat with her while she did it. It was all on this mysterious thing called Zoom :ninja:

I asked if I could wave at the people on the other end of the call, but TLG said that would not be very professional and she might get into trouble :eek: We of course would never want to get TLG into trouble, so we just sat to the side of the laptop screen and waited patiently

Then TLG went out without me :cry2: to Poundland and M&S. Apparently M&S is a Very British Thing that I must learn about, if I am to consider myself a British penguin :yep: She has promised to take me next time :moon:

PtTP
Sorry you couldn't be in more of the action today Persephone, but I bet you will be up to some adventure soon!

Today I am doing my Biology homework (its an advanced class and I don't like science ) but hopefully I can Zoom with a friend I haven't talked to in months so that's good
laurawatt
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Glad you had a good day Persephone :hugs: That was a very extravagant burger :headfire:

I’ve been doing some maths today :woo:
5hyl33n
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago

PtTP
I love M&S! Hopefully, TLG will take you next time.

Today, I finished all my A-Level work so I can revise for upcoming year 13 mocks without worrying about any deadlines this week!
The Weeknd.
Report 9 months ago

PtTP
Aww sounds like you had a great day
I'm revising for year 13 mocks and I'm very stressed out arhghfkdkske
The_Lonely_Goatherd
Rep:
?
Oh dear, it seems many of you have Very Important Revising to do

Here's a motivational Therapy Penguin picture to remind you all how awesome and clever you are :awesome:

Name:  20200927_200512-compressed.jpg.jpeg
Views: 52
Size:  46.5 KB

:grouphugs:
Muttley79
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Another lovely photo Persephone.

As well as work for school I was watching via TV my team Essex CCC play cricket at Lord's cricket ground - they won a trophy today. Cricket is also something a British penguin needs to know about.

I hope you all have a good week :grouphugs:
laurawatt
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Oh dear, it seems many of you have Very Important Revising to do

Here's a motivational Therapy Penguin picture to remind you all how awesome and clever you are :awesome:

Name:  20200927_200512-compressed.jpg.jpeg
Views: 52
Size:  46.5 KB

:grouphugs:
:penguinhug:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (33)
5.62%
Uncertainty around my education (69)
11.75%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (66)
11.24%
Lack of purpose or motivation (75)
12.78%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (33)
5.62%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (31)
5.28%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (63)
10.73%
Financial worries (38)
6.47%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (24)
4.09%
Exposure to negative news/social media (34)
5.79%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (15)
2.56%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (59)
10.05%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (47)
8.01%

Watched Threads