Therapeutic Times with Persephone and Pals!

Watch
nmah
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Is TLG's birthday in October??
The_Lonely_Goatherd
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
(Original post by Muttley79)
Thank you Calliope - I'm sorry to hear that TLG is still very tired - we will continue to pray for her.

Does TLG have a special day in October ?
(Original post by nmah)
Is TLG's birthday in October??
Yes, it's gonna be TLG's bday towards the end of the month :nutcase:

TLG doesn't actually like her birthday, but Persephone and Pals thought it's important to mention that her birthday is coming up, in the thread! We're hoping we might get to have a little therapy animal indoor picnic with her

CtN
Muttley79
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)

TLG doesn't actually like her birthday, but Persephone and Pals thought it's important to mention that her birthday is coming up, in the thread! We're hoping we might get to have a little therapy animal indoor picnic with her

CtN
It's a good excuse for a party :rave:

:party2:
Iñigo de Loyola
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago

CtN
Have a fun birthday as and when it rolls around.
:party:
The_Lonely_Goatherd
Rep:
?
Hello everyone! I'm back :awesome:

Today we decided that it might help TLG feel better if she had a tidy desk :ninja: It was a real team effort as all four of us worked for over an hour to clear all the paper and dust and random coins off her desk but We Did It! :king1: Esio Trot was a bit slow, so that held us back a bit but we think we did it in a reasonable-enough timeframe :yes:

We've also put on TLG's ABBA playlist, to give her some energy. That was Calliope's suggestion but it seems to have done the trick!

This weekend, TLG is doing her volunteering, so we need to do some prep work for that too :work:

What's everyone else doing this weekend?

PtTP

It's a good excuse for a party :rave:

:party2:
(Original post by Iñigo de Loyola)
Have a fun birthday as and when it rolls around.
:party:
Thank you both

:grouphugs:

PtTP
nmah
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
That sounds like a very nice thing to do for TLG Persephone!
Tonight I am having some friends over to have a "Senior BBQ" (our school's tradition we can no longer actually do) and play games and eat yummy food!
The_Lonely_Goatherd
Rep:
?
(Original post by nmah)
Tonight I am having some friends over to have a "Senior BBQ" (our school's tradition we can no longer actually do) and play games and eat yummy food!
That is sad that covid means you can't do your school tradition as normal, but we are so pleased that you get to do something with your friends, nmah! :jumphug: You've been working very hard and deserve to have some fun :yep:

PtTP
nmah
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
That is sad that covid means you can't do your school tradition as normal, but we are so pleased that you get to do something with your friends, nmah! :jumphug: You've been working very hard and deserve to have some fun :yep:

PtTP
Well thank you Persephone!!:heart:
Iñigo de Loyola
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by nmah)
Have fun!
laurawatt
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
:woo: ABBA :music:
Wow maybe I should clean my desk tomorrow then :ninja: Well done all for your valiant efforts earlier! :hugs:
The_Lonely_Goatherd
Rep:
?
(Original post by laurawatt)
:woo: ABBA :music:
Wow maybe I should clean my desk tomorrow then :ninja: Well done all for your valiant efforts earlier! :hugs:
TLG says cleaning desks is overrated, but we humbly disagree! :yep:

How are you doing, Laura? :hugs:
The_Lonely_Goatherd
Rep:
?
Hello everyone :hi:

Daddy TLG woke us up very early today :eek: so we are a bit sleepy

Tomorrow TLG is volunteering, so we've been trying to help her prep. She's interviewing some geography students. I asked her what geography is and she said it's to do with different parts of the Earth. I asked her if that includes Antarctica and she said yes :ahee:

I asked TLG whether one of her questions should be about penguins in Antarctica :awesome: TLG said that she will ask about global warming affecting that region. I guess that's a good compromise

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend :moon:

PtTP

(Original post by nmah)
How did it go, nmah?

PtTP
Muttley79
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Hello Persephone :wavey:

Well done on the desk tidying

Are you and your pals planning a party for TLG as a surprise? I think it might be fun

We have gone to see family this weekend but it's very wet and rainy.
5hyl33n
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Hi Persephone and TLG!

Good luck for your volunteering tomorrow.

Also, well done for cleaning your desk. I’m still trying to get the motivation to clean mine! Perhaps, I will do it next weekend. 😁
The_Lonely_Goatherd
Rep:
?
Hello Persephone :wavey:

Well done on the desk tidying

Are you and your pals planning a party for TLG as a surprise? I think it might be fun

We have gone to see family this weekend but it's very wet and rainy.
Thank you Muttley! We wish TLG could just keep a tidy desk herself - that would make life a lot easier for all of us. We're glad we decided to take action when we did though: otherwise who knows how messy it would have got?!?! :headfire:

Ooooh a Surprise Party! That's a nice idea. Are Surprise Parties Very British? :holmes:

We will see nearer the time what we can organise :ninja:

Yay for seeing family. It has been pretty rainy here as well :sadnod:

PtTP
(Original post by 5hyl33n)
Hi Persephone and TLG!

Good luck for your volunteering tomorrow.

Also, well done for cleaning your desk. I’m still trying to get the motivation to clean mine! Perhaps, I will do it next weekend. 😁
Thank you so much, 5! (Can I call you 5? )

Maybe you ought to invest in a Therapy Penguin who can tidy it for you

TLG
nmah
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
How did it go, nmah?

PtTP
It was very fun! I am quite tired today after baking dinner rolls and chocolate-pumpkin cupcakes all yesterday:jacko: But we played many games, had lots of laughs, and WAY too much sugar, it was a great time.:party:
laurawatt
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
TLG says cleaning desks is overrated, but we humbly disagree! :yep:

How are you doing, Laura? :hugs:
Hehe I think I agree with TLG here :mmm:
I am doing okay thank you :hugs: lots of revision happening - mocks, MAT prep and UCAS all at once :eek: side note: do you have any particular opinion on univ college? :ninja:

Good luck for volunteering tomorrow!!
The_Lonely_Goatherd
Rep:
?
(Original post by nmah)
It was very fun! I am quite tired today after baking dinner rolls and chocolate-pumpkin cupcakes all yesterday:jacko: But we played many games, had lots of laughs, and WAY too much sugar, it was a great time.:party:
Yaaaay, we're so happy you had a great time :woo:

What are dinner rolls? :ninja: I guess if you were baking loads of them, they must be very yummy

Is there such a thing as too much sugar? :dontknow: :iiam: :ninja:

PtTP
I am doing okay thank you :hugs: lots of revision happening - mocks, MAT prep and UCAS all at once :eek: side note: do you have any particular opinion on univ college? :ninja:

:eek: That def is a lot going on, Laura :sadnod: Hope you are keeping cheerful and taking breaks though? :hugs:

Univ is nice and a pretty good location too! :yep: One of my best friends is the music lecturer there

PtTP
laurawatt
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
:eek: That def is a lot going on, Laura :sadnod: Hope you are keeping cheerful and taking breaks though? :hugs:

Univ is nice and a pretty good location too! :yep: One of my best friends is the music lecturer there

PtTP
Oddly enough I’m enjoying doing things for a purpose Just finished watching strictly :gah: (that’s a Very British Thing, Persephone :yep:)

Ooh thanks! :hugs:
nmah
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago

I am applying to univ! What do you think of it?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (33)
5.62%
Uncertainty around my education (69)
11.75%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (66)
11.24%
Lack of purpose or motivation (75)
12.78%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (33)
5.62%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (31)
5.28%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (63)
10.73%
Financial worries (38)
6.47%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (24)
4.09%
Exposure to negative news/social media (34)
5.79%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (15)
2.56%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (59)
10.05%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (47)
8.01%

Watched Threads