The Student Room Group

Therapeutic Times with Persephone and Pals!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
There may be some New Pals. Can neither confirm nor deny :beard: :dontknow: :ninja:

:ninja: :ninja: :ninja:

Deputy CtN :cool:

Eeeeeeekkkk :yeah: :woo:
There may be some New Pals. Can neither confirm nor deny :beard: :dontknow: :ninja:

:ninja: :ninja: :ninja:

Ooooo sounds very exciting :grouphugs:
Hello everyone :h:

Sorry for the delay: we were helping our New Pals to Settle In. They are Very Pleased To Meet You :yep:

20210510_104440-compressed.jpg.jpeg

I will tell you the Whole Story tomorrow! :love:

PtTP :moon:
Oooooo - three new pals ... I look forward to finding out more about them :grouphugs:
Hello everyone,

Esio Trot here. Sorry we are being so slow to update you all. Things are chaotic chez Persephone and Pals atm :eek:

Persephone or Calliope will update you all when the time is right :smile:

In the meantime, happy Friday :biggrin:

ET
Hello everyone,

Esio Trot here. Sorry we are being so slow to update you all. Things are chaotic chez Persephone and Pals atm :eek:

Persephone or Calliope will update you all when the time is right :smile:

In the meantime, happy Friday :biggrin:

ET

Sending hugs to you all :grouphugs:
Original post by Muttley79
Sending hugs to you all :grouphugs:

Thank you Muttley. How are you? :smile:

ET
Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii everyone :hi:

Deputy Calliope here :cool: Persephone is looking after TLG, as she has been rather down today. Persephone was very excited to show you our New Pals :nutcase: and has entrusted me with the great honour of telling the story of how they came to chez Persephone and Pals! :cool:

A long long time ago (aka last weekend) in a faraway land (aka the London Wetland Centre), TLG met with a Human Pal to go on a nature-based catch-up :moon: They had a nice brunch before they trotted over to the Wetland Centre. If you haven't been, I am reliably informed (by Persephone) that the Wetland Centre is very nice indeed :h: (I wasn't allowed to go, as I had to keep an eye on the Other Pals while Persephone was on her outing :cool: )

TLG loves this Wetland Centre very much and likes taking pictures of all the different birds and plants she sees there. After much photo-taking, TLG and her friend went into the shop, as you can only exit the Centre via the shop. (I think that is a very cunning plan on the part of the architects :beard: :holmes: :ninja: )

As soon as she walked in there, TLG saw a penguin plushie and picked it up. Persephone tells me she got upset and started crying. She said that her and Pingu are company, but that three penguins would be a crowd :hand: Persephone was crying for a long long time and while her back was turned (we hope we got that Very British Phrase right :ninja: ), TLG picked up these three other plushies that you saw in the photo above! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: So our New Pals are Nutkin the Squirrel (not sure why he's called Nutkin, weird name if you ask me :dontknow: ), and a duck and a black cygnet. We haven't come up with names for the latter two yet. I suggested Cindy the Cygnet, but Persephone wasn't too keen :colondollar:

Any ideas for names, friends of Persephone and Pals? :moon: Let us know! :grouphugs:

Hello Calliope - what a honour for you to Introduce The New Pals :smile:

Squirrel Nutkin is a book written bt Beatrix Potter - I hope your Nutkin is well-behaved because his namesake in the book is described as 'a naughty little squirrel with absolutely no manners at all'. :eek:

I will thiink about names for the others - give everyone a hug from me :grouphugs:
If you're going for a Beatrix Potter theme, what about Jemima for the duck? :smile:
Is the tall bird a Moorhen? In which case, he/she could be called Moorie.
New pals :gah:
Maybe Mannie the mallard? :dontknow:
The duck looks like a male Mallard .. Scientific name: Anas platyrhynchos, which doesn't really help.

'Mallard' is also part of the A4 class of locomotive designed by Sir Nigel Gresley - very famously holding the world record speed for a steam loco. Does that give you any ideas?

The swan could be called Peter the anglicised version of Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky who wrote Swan Lake but I do like names that start with the same latter so Cebele or Clio Cygnet [to fit with Greek Goddesses].

However TLG and the pals need to choose as a Name is Very Important. Do you keep a birthday book for the pals? I think someones birthday may be coming soon ...:holmes:
Hiiiiii everyone :hi:

Thank you for your input so far! Much appreciated! :biggrin: Persephone had a late night, so is dozing. So I am in charge :cool: :ahee: :cool: We will write comments on all name suggestions soon :biggrin:

Hello Calliope - what a honour for you to Introduce The New Pals :smile:

Squirrel Nutkin is a book written bt Beatrix Potter - I hope your Nutkin is well-behaved because his namesake in the book is described as 'a naughty little squirrel with absolutely no manners at all'. :eek:

I will thiink about names for the others - give everyone a hug from me :grouphugs:

Oh dear oh dear, Muttley! Maybe TLG shouldn't have named him Nutkin. It is Not Very British to have "absolutely no manners at all"!!! :eek3:

PtTP
Original post by Interrobang
If you're going for a Beatrix Potter theme, what about Jemima for the duck? :smile:

We did suggest this to TLG but apparently Jemima is usually a White Duck :sad: We might Just Christen Her Jemima Anyway and see if TLG notices or not :ninja:

PtTP
Original post by Fullofsurprises
Is the tall bird a Moorhen? In which case, he/she could be called Moorie.

Oh dear, TLG thought it's a black cygnet! Does it look more like a Moorhen, Fos? :redface:

PtTP
Original post by laurawatt
New pals :gah:
Maybe Mannie the mallard? :dontknow:

:gah:

Calliope suggested Millie the Mallard, based on your suggestion, Young Laura! I quite like the name Millie :beard:

PtTP :jumphug:
The duck looks like a male Mallard .. Scientific name: Anas platyrhynchos, which doesn't really help.

'Mallard' is also part of the A4 class of locomotive designed by Sir Nigel Gresley - very famously holding the world record speed for a steam loco. Does that give you any ideas?

The swan could be called Peter the anglicised version of Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky who wrote Swan Lake but I do like names that start with the same latter so Cebele or Clio Cygnet [to fit with Greek Goddesses].

However TLG and the pals need to choose as a Name is Very Important. Do you keep a birthday book for the pals? I think someones birthday may be coming soon ...:holmes:

We did think about calling the cygnet Bourne, after Matthew Bourne's Swan Lake production :beard: Peter is a Cute Name too though, hmmm :beard:

So many Things To Consider! :eek3:

It might be a certain Therapy Penguin's birthday on 31st May :colondollar: but the Other Pals don't seem to care or have remembered :cry2:

PtTP :emo:
Three new pals, exciting! Maybe the name Cyrus for the cygnet?
Original post by Foxehh
Three new pals, exciting! Maybe the name Cyrus for the cygnet?

Ooooh Cyrus sounds Very Regal, Fox - thank you for the suggestion! Calliope thinks there's a pop star called Cyrus. Are they a Very Regal Popstar, Fox? :h:

PtTP
Oh dear oh dear, Muttley! Maybe TLG shouldn't have named him Nutkin. It is Not Very British to have "absolutely no manners at all"!!! :eek3:

It might be a certain Therapy Penguin's birthday on 31st May :colondollar: but the Other Pals don't seem to care or have remembered :cry2:

PtTP :emo:

Perhaps TLG thinks that Nutkin can learn Good Manners with your help?

The pals could be planning a surprise for you?
The pals could be planning a surprise for you?

:ninja: :dontknow: :iiam:

Spoiler

Ooooh Cyrus sounds Very Regal, Fox - thank you for the suggestion! Calliope thinks there's a pop star called Cyrus. Are they a Very Regal Popstar, Fox? :h:

PtTP

I didn't know she was a cygnet, that sounds like a lovely thing to be!

How about 'Isis' - there are many swans on the Thames?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending