Muslim facilities at Durham Uni

Watch
Faisalhans
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I’m thinking of applying to Durham and I want to know if I’ll be able to get halal food/meat, access to mosques etc. Can anyone who goes Durham and is Muslim or knows someone who is give me info on what it’s like?
Jss545
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Faisalhans)
I’m thinking of applying to Durham and I want to know if I’ll be able to get halal food/meat, access to mosques etc. Can anyone who goes Durham and is Muslim or knows someone who is give me info on what it’s like?
Hi second year Durham student here!

I'm not Muslim myself but I do know that there is a prayer room for Islamic prayer located near Grey College. Unfortunately I don't know about access to halal food.

Edit: just found this page that gives more info https://www.dur.ac.uk/faithsupport/islam/
Last edited by Jss545; 1 year ago
Anonymous #1
Report 11 months ago
Did you apply?
Anonymous #1
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by jxsoph)
xx
what a genius idea
Veronica_CA
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by jxsoph)
education, good degree from good uni > make believe god
Maybe if you were really all that educated, you would have heard of something called respect and freedom of religion. They have a right to their faith and to practice it. It also most definitely does not effect their intellectual capability.
I really hope you are able to educate yourself and keep an open mind. Otherwise you are just shutting doors and putting yourself at a disadvantage in life through your ignorant assumptions.
Anonymous #3
Report 11 months ago
^^ stop giving attention to these lowlives they start itching when they see 'muslim' in a thread
jxsoph
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
^^ stop giving attention to these lowlives they start itching when they see 'muslim' in a thread
So true
Faisalhans
Rep:
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
Did you apply?
Yes and i’ve been given an offer
Anonymous #1
Report 11 months ago
Yes and i’ve been given an offer
great what were your college preferences?
Faisalhans
Rep:
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
great what were your college preferences?
i’ve been allocated to collingwood !
-sarah-j-
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
i’ve been allocated to collingwood !
hi I'm a muslim student who's applying for 2022, and not sure which college to pick / how multicultural durham is at all - if you ended up going there could you let me know how your finding it? Do you have access to halal food/ prayer rooms? Are there many other Muslims or POCs there?
thank you !!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (17)
7%
October 2021 (116)
47.74%
November 2021 (24)
9.88%
December 2021 (32)
13.17%
January 2021 (21)
8.64%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (26)
10.7%