How does Canadian grades transfer to the UK?

Watch
Simv24
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hey I need to start applying soon! I am a Canadian resident, born and raised here in Alberta. I was just wondering how my grades will transfer if I was to move to the UK for uni. Would I have to take extra exams or courses? Will my transcripts still be valid?
Last edited by Simv24; 3 weeks ago
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Simv24)
Hey I need to start applying soon! I am a Canadian resident, born and raised here in Alberta. I was just wondering how my grades will transfer if I was to move to the UK for uni. Would I have to take extra exams or courses? Will my transcripts still be valid?
UK unis are quite international and used to accepting applications from international students.
If you have the Ontario Secondary School Diploma , then they should state on their website what grades they require.
Anonymous #1
Report 3 weeks ago
No you'll have the same classes as Uk students. There were many international students while I was at uni, I just finished uni. They all had the same classes and coursework etc as me and other uk students but some had to take English lessons because they weren't fluent in English and all coursework obviously has to be done in English and is the uk language which tutors will speak. College qualifications are obviously different around the world. What did you study at college? Your college qualifications should be accepted in the uk. Look at the uk websites of the uni's you want to apply to and see what the requirements are for international applicants for the course you want to study. It should tell you the qualifications they accept from international applicants.
Anonymous #1
Report 3 weeks ago
*and exams will be the same as everyone on the course.
Simv24
Rep:
?
(Original post by 999tigger)
UK unis are quite international and used to accepting applications from international students.
If you have the Ontario Secondary School Diploma , then they should state on their website what grades they require.
ok tysm!
Simv24
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonymous)
No you'll have the same classes as Uk students. There were many international students while I was at uni, I just finished uni. They all had the same classes and coursework etc as me and other uk students but some had to take English lessons because they weren't fluent in English and all coursework obviously has to be done in English and is the uk language which tutors will speak. College qualifications are obviously different around the world. What did you study at college? Your college qualifications should be accepted in the uk. Look at the uk websites of the uni's you want to apply to and see what the requirements are for international applicants for the course you want to study. It should tell you the qualifications they accept from international applicants.
oh ok, English is my first language so I am good there. tysm for your feedback!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (17)
20%
I'm not sure (2)
2.35%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (23)
27.06%
I have already dropped out (3)
3.53%
I'm not a current university student (40)
47.06%

Watched Threads