Applying for a second master's degree

Watch
ctgryn11
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hello everyone! I'm currently doing a Master's, due to end in September, but I won't receive my dissertation results until October or November. I planned on applying for another Master's to start immediately afterwards, but how can I fulfil the conditions of any potential conditional offer if I won't even have my dissertation results yet?

Has anyone gone through something similar before? What did you do? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!!
threeportdrift
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by ctgryn11)
Hello everyone! I'm currently doing a Master's, due to end in September, but I won't receive my dissertation results until October or November. I planned on applying for another Master's to start immediately afterwards, but how can I fulfil the conditions of any potential conditional offer if I won't even have my dissertation results yet?

Has anyone gone through something similar before? What did you do? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!!
It's up to the second university to decide if they will accept you or not. That depends on whether they see the first masters as a prerequisite for the second. If they do, chances are you can't register and you'll have to take a year out.
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by threeportdrift)
It's up to the second university to decide if they will accept you or not. That depends on whether they see the first masters as a prerequisite for the second. If they do, chances are you can't register and you'll have to take a year out.
PRSOM. :yep:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (49)
16.23%
I'm not sure (8)
2.65%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (103)
34.11%
I have already dropped out (4)
1.32%
I'm not a current university student (138)
45.7%

Watched Threads