Will Universities Go Into Lockdown?

Watch
Official Bedhead
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
So my Dad has been saying I should drop out of Uni this year and restart next September as he believes all Uni lectures will end up going online and that it will affect my work ethic. This is all making me very anxious, upset and disappointed. I’m scared if I drop out; I will feel lonely but I understand what my Dad is saying. My course so far do online lectures every other week as where campus lectures happen the other weeks (like a pattern). Do I do this? Does anyone think this will happen? Is there any point?
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Official Bedhead)
So my Dad has been saying I should drop out of Uni this year and restart next September as he believes all Uni lectures will end up going online and that it will affect my work ethic. This is all making me very anxious, upset and disappointed. I’m scared if I drop out; I will feel lonely but I understand what my Dad is saying. My course so far do online lectures every other week as where campus lectures happen the other weeks (like a pattern). Do I do this? Does anyone think this will happen? Is there any point?
Up to you. It depends whether students manage to stay covid free or there are mass infections.
If you are going to leave then do it quickly to avoid fee liability. If you are getting lectures every other week, then thats more than a lot.

Tbh I dont think it will affect your work ethnic as you could fund if you go into lockdown, work is one of the things to relieve boredom.
Official Bedhead
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
Up to you. It depends whether students manage to stay covid free or there are mass infections.
If you are going to leave then do it quickly to avoid fee liability. If you are getting lectures every other week, then thats more than a lot.

Tbh I dont think it will affect your work ethnic as you could fund if you go into lockdown, work is one of the things to relieve boredom.
Not for me. I wish but I can get easily distracted at home. I’m not at dorms either and think I should have applied for them now thinking about it...
Anonymous #1
Report 4 weeks ago
I would immediately go home if it happened.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Official Bedhead)
Not for me. I wish but I can get easily distracted at home. I’m not at dorms either and think I should have applied for them now thinking about it...
If you arent in dorms then you are less likely to be affected imo.
Just weigh up the pros and cons of staying.
Is the course ok?
Is the uni ok?
Things are likely to get better next year, but a vaccine may not be out till next spring/ summer.
Ramipril
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Who knows. This academic year will be a waste of time and money for a lot of students though.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (105)
13.43%
I'm not sure (35)
4.48%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (241)
30.82%
I have already dropped out (19)
2.43%
I'm not a current university student (382)
48.85%

Watched Threads