mikaxella
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
so I've been browsing on Instagram to follow student nurses and I have realised that a lot more students were doing child nursing instead I'd adult. is that the case or is it just those who whose to make an Instagram about their journey.
also how is the proportion of mature students in your cohort to those who have just left school?
Emily_B
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by mikaxella)
so I've been browsing on Instagram to follow student nurses and I have realised that a lot more students were doing child nursing instead I'd adult. is that the case or is it just those who whose to make an Instagram about their journey.
also how is the proportion of mature students in your cohort to those who have just left school?
This is probably just that more of them have published it on Instagram. There are actually more adult nurse students in actual life - this is because there are more adult nurse places at uni. The proportion of students on each field tends to be in proportion to the proportions on the NMC register - more adult nurses than child/MH and fewest being LD.
With mature students, I'd probably say my cohort was 70:30. Of that 70% "mature" it was aged 20-45.
mikaxella
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
aaah I see, it does make sense. that means that child nursing must be alot more competitive, I'm gonna go into that field
paub
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by mikaxella)
aaah I see, it does make sense. that means that child nursing must be alot more competitive, I'm gonna go into that field
not really. its just another area same as mental health. child nursing is tough emotionally we simply could not do it. yet have no issue with adult nursing. dont enter it thinking its going to be a softer version of nursing its the opposite.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (80)
14.26%
I'm not sure (25)
4.46%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (178)
31.73%
I have already dropped out (12)
2.14%
I'm not a current university student (266)
47.42%

Watched Threads