Opinions on this situation and is there any chance I can get with this girl

Watch
Jim 121
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
A girl really liked me and was in to me a lot. I liked her to and got to be good friends. I didn't want a relationship at the time and I told her this to make my intentions clear. This seemed to only get more crazy more me. She was crazy for me. I loved the attention and affection she gave to me.I liked her too but I wasn't ready at all for a relationship with someone because deep down I didn't want one and had stuff going on. I never led her on I was just being a good friend.

But I loved how she admired me. She would put so much energy into me. She would always ask people if I liked her back etc. It was a massive ego boost . I did feel bad and did not understand why she was so in to me. Looking back I I think she was mainly attracted to me by my " looks and cuteness" but mainly the impossible challenge of getting me to like her. We did get along really well though.

After a few months I am ready for a relationship and I do really like this girl alot. I pretty much loved her. She's pretty and I get along with her. Shes perfect.
I go to her house it goes well we only cuddled and hugged. I though it went well but all of a sudden a few days later she's lost interest. Not replying and avoiding me in person. Her friends picked up on this as well. I talked to her bestfriend about it all and she told me she didn't feel sexual chemistry and she doesn't think she likes me anymore but she is not sure.

Shes completely different around me now. She's not messaging me at all and I'm messaging her and getting nothing back only blunt replys which never happened. It feels like she lost interest. I wish we just stayed friends and I didn't go for the move. So I didn't lose her.

I feel heart broken. I miss the attention she gave me the great friendship we had. And I feel so empty now and have lost all confidence. I can't sleep eat and feeling very ruff. It feels like I'm grieving her. Ive barely messaged her now as I don't know what to do and if I keep messaging her it might push her away further. I thought we would have a really nice relationship and we were ment to be.

I don't know what to do. It's not that I'm bothered about not being in a relationship with her it's the fact I no longer have a good friendship with her and get the same attention I once did from her too. Like we can't even be friends. It's starting to feel toxic. It feels like I've done something really wrong but I've not too.

Any advice what I can do and opinions on this situation. please be brutally honest I need it.
historynerd47
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Maybe try and speak to her? It sounds like she doesn't really feel romantically interested anymore to be honest. Maybe she doesn't have a 'reason' for it- sometimes you just stop feeling it and maybe that's why she feels awkward and doesn't know how to say that to you. Obviously I don't know as I haven't met either of you, but it sounds like she's just not into it.
As I said, maybe ask her if everything's okay between you, and if you really miss the friendship then she may be relieved and agree and you can be friends, but she might not.
I feel for you, it sounds like you're quite upset about this. Hugs
LovelyMrFox
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
She most likely built it all up in her head as a sort of fantasy rather than reality. And then when it actually happened she lost interest.

Why do you say its starting to feel toxic? Communication is important, ask her if shes alright and talk about it.
Jim 121
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
is it gonna be awkward now though between us. She hasn't told me directly what she felt about us getting close but she made it clear by acting differently. How can I bring up the conversation with her now
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (104)
13.33%
I'm not sure (34)
4.36%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (241)
30.9%
I have already dropped out (19)
2.44%
I'm not a current university student (382)
48.97%

Watched Threads