Is, the UK more risk averse than Australia?

Watch
username5420040
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Having just read that Sydney will still have their new year fireworks display when here we won't in London, it made me wonder if the UK is a more risk averse country than Australia or is it just Australia 'reaping the reward' for 'a job well done' for having low infection rates?
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by username5420040)
Having just read that Sydney will still have their new year fireworks display when here we won't in London, it made me wonder if the UK is a more risk averse country than Australia or is it just Australia 'reaping the reward' for 'a job well done' for having low infection rates?
Large crowds are the last thing London needs at the moment. Increasing infection rates would make such crowds ridiculous. Australia is in a different situation. Who cares? It is just some fireworks.
Napp
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
This was a decision by the cities, not the countries. And as a counter example to yours, it was Britain that has had a decidedly lax approach to covid compared to the aussies such as keeping the borders open etc.
chopingirl
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I heard they dont have health and safety laws like we do
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (45)
15.85%
I'm not sure (8)
2.82%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (100)
35.21%
I have already dropped out (4)
1.41%
I'm not a current university student (127)
44.72%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise