Not looking for a relationship. Help !!

Watch
Luna316
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I recently met a boy and talked to him because I wanted to make friends etc. But over the next few days I began to suspect that he had the wrong idea.
That he thought I liked him/ he liked me etc.

So I told him outright that I wasn’t looking for a relationship in the next 6 months to year, because I had a bad recent relationship. Which is true.

But he seems to have taken it fine, a little too well.. which makes me think he hasn’t taken it at all.

Because I’ve told him that, and I know in te moment he understood, I feel like I can talk and be enthusiastic with him but I’m not sure.

He’s texting me a lot, and we’re having some good conversations, easy and maybe a bit competitive? Maybe flirty?

I can’t tell for sure but I’m not sure what to do because I’ve told him my issue: that I don’t want to be in a relationship. I can’t exactly say that again?

I’m really liking talking to him but am I encouraging him? I just want to build a great friendship, but I’m not sure if that’s what he thinks this is, even so...

Please help!! Any advice would be amazing !
Anonymous #1
Report 3 weeks ago
I’m in the same situation but the boy I spoke too didn’t take it easily I think. He started speaking less to me and the replies were dry
Luna316
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I’m in the same situation but the boy I spoke too didn’t take it easily I think. He started speaking less to me and the replies were dry
It’s such a hard thing to say, but it’s for the best, you did him a favour in the long run not to lead him on.

I felt so guilty after I told him but now I’m not sure... what more can I even say ! 😂
GabiAbi84
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Luna316)
It’s such a hard thing to say, but it’s for the best, you did him a favour in the long run not to lead him on.

I felt so guilty after I told him but now I’m not sure... what more can I even say ! 😂
If you are defo not interested in him you could perhaps suggest setting him up with a friend, or suggest someone you know that he might like. (Whilst he may not say yes to either it strongly shows you’re not interested in being with him without you just repeating what you have already said)
As long as you’re sure he understood and you were clear you have nothing really to be guilty about assuming you aren’t flirting.
Bio 7
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Maybe he wasn't interested in that in the first place and you read him wrong.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (68)
14.81%
I'm not sure (16)
3.49%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (154)
33.55%
I have already dropped out (8)
1.74%
I'm not a current university student (213)
46.41%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed