Can you pay to move from foundation tier to higher ???

Watch
HPablo485
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
So my Board is OCR I heard people saying you can pay to move from foundation tier to higher is this true ?
Geraldthegoat
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I honestly have no idea but if your teachers have put you on foundation it’s most likely that you’re going to do better on the “easy paper”. If u work hard and prove to them u can get a high level grade 5 on foundation then they can move u to higher. U shouldn’t move to higher unless u know u can achieve it.
HPablo485
Rep:
?
(Original post by Geraldthegoat)
I honestly have no idea but if your teachers have put you on foundation it’s most likely that you’re going to do better on the “easy paper”. If u work hard and prove to them u can get a high level grade 5 on foundation then they can move u to higher. U shouldn’t move to higher unless u know u can achieve it.
I have been putting a lot of time in it 4 hours a day of revision I’m confident I can
revert2
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
If you really feel like you’re suited for higher tier, then it’s best to speak with your head of department/head of year.
This is what I did. My Mum kept pressing them until the school finally agreed that if I continued to do well at tests by the end of the year, they would move me up.
A lot of schools won’t do anything until parents are involved, unfortunately.
HPablo485
Rep:
?
(Original post by revert2)
If you really feel like you’re suited for higher tier, then it’s best to speak with your head of department/head of year.
This is what I did. My Mum kept pressing them until the school finally agreed that if I continued to do well at tests by the end of the year, they would move me up.
Yeah man I find foundation really easy and am working really hard with higher questions
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
When are you taking exams? If you'll be taking them in Summer 2021 then the exam entries won't even be made until February and its free to swap tiers until mid April.. Your best bet is to work hard and convince your school that you should be entered for Higher Tier before that.
HPablo485
Rep:
?
(Original post by Compost)
When are you taking exams? If you'll be taking them in Summer 2021 then the exam entries won't even be made until February and its free to swap tiers until mid April.. Your best bet is to work hard and convince your school that you should be entered for Higher Tier before that.
Thanks man I’ve been working really hard I’ve been doing 3 hours a day of maths (topics for higher) and I find foundation really easy but as our school is quite fussy would I be able to pay ?
deadroseex
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Or you get your parents to scream down at the school
HPablo485
Rep:
?
(Original post by deadroseex)
Or you get your parents to scream down at the school
Hahah man if it gets that bad might be the case my school is stubborn as hell I
deadroseex
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by HPablo485)
Hahah man if it gets that bad might be the case my school is stubborn as hell I
My dad used to do this at my old school. They weren't letting me do triple science because I was in a different country due to my grandma being ill. They didn't believe us, but anyways, my friend said the whole year group except 6 people were doing combined, me included. Then my dad went down and they refused to listen to the point where they kicked me out lmfaooo.
When I moved schools, I was not offered Triple science again because I was too new to the school. Luckily, this school is a state and not a private like my other one so my dad went to a meeting with them. He sent countless of emails and now I am doing Triple science

In my old school, I used to get in trouble because of *****y girls and my awful disgusting English teacher and stuff but my dad would go in and shout at them and even threatened to get them shut down. That's when they listened and the teacher stopped bothering me. She stopped failing me.

Oopps that was long............MY POINT IS get ur parents to scream down at the school
Last edited by deadroseex; 3 weeks ago
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by HPablo485)
Thanks man I’ve been working really hard I’ve been doing 3 hours a day of maths (topics for higher) and I find foundation really easy but as our school is quite fussy would I be able to pay ?
I think you misunderstand the paying bit. What tier you are entered for is to do with how you're doing and, possibly, a discussion between you, your parents and the school. Money does not come in to it. The only time money comes does into it is when the tier of an entry is changed after 21 April - at that point the exam board charges to change it (and it could be over £100).
hiiiii1
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by revert2)
I was in the same situation and gladly ended up proving my maths teacher wrong😊
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (57)
15.08%
I'm not sure (14)
3.7%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (129)
34.13%
I have already dropped out (6)
1.59%
I'm not a current university student (172)
45.5%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise