keimat1
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I studied at King's College London till 2nd year but could not promote to 3rd year because I failed my module.I am a student from Japan, and I have certification of my foundation course in King's.Does someone know whether I can apply to Uni by UCAS or something?Thanks
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by keimat1)
I studied at King's College London till 2nd year but could not promote to 3rd year because I failed my module.I am a student from Japan, and I have certification of my foundation course in King's.Does someone know whether I can apply to Uni by UCAS or something?Thanks
So your situation is you did a foundation year + successfully completed year 1?

You failed the resit?
They withdrew you?
Were your foundation and year 1 grades of a good standard?

What is it you wish to study?

Are you in the UK?
What is it you wish to study?

There are threre issues here:

1. Finding a course if you are intending to study now i.e 2020 as you have days because many courses have started or are starting.
It isnt clear if its a transfer or fresh start you want?

2. Money. I assume you can afford to pay for your new course, be it a fresh degree or if you are seeking a transfer?

3. Visa. Issues to do with extending or getting a new visa are complex.
You need to speak to UKcisa
https://www.ukcisa.org.uk/About-UKCISA/Contact-us
Realitysreflexx
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by keimat1)
Why not just redo your second year. King's is a pretty good uni. A degree from there would be valuable no doubt.

Umm, the issue with a foundation certificate from a specific uni, is they are frowned upon by entry sometimes for like level uni's.... So UCL might not take it vice versa as an example. An issue i know alot of people who did foundation at a specific uni had... At least back in 2017 when i completed my A level foundation.

Though you could apply possibly for second year entry somewhere if you succeeded in your first year, and i gather most uni's would accept someone who successfully completed first year at King's. I'm rather surprised King's didn't even attempt to retain you though. Especially since your paying international fees and have a successful visa history.

Coming to the UK due to covid-19 is far from straightforward. First it was to keep the infection out after the initial peak, now maybe to keep it in? Truly a weird pandemic country 😂.
Last edited by Realitysreflexx; 4 weeks ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (157)
14.54%
I'm not sure (46)
4.26%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (320)
29.63%
I have already dropped out (30)
2.78%
I'm not a current university student (527)
48.8%

Watched Threads