The Student Room Group

I’m starting to feel like I need to stop answering questions in class

Hi everyone,

I’m a first year law student at a Russell group university and ever since I began attending lectures and seminars I’ve always loved to answer questions raised and ask questions as well.

But I’ve notice the more I answer these questions the more intimidated I feel because I feel the teacher could get irritated and students would find me galling.

Should I stop raising my hand to answer questions and remain silent or just do whatever I want provided I make sure everyone around me isn’t ready to answer questions posed.
I mean, nobody likes an awkward silence. If it's aiding your learning, who cares?
Don’t worry about anyone else, it’s making u understand it more you’ll be helping other students too that maybe want to know the same question but are too shy to ask. Keep doing it, lecturers enjoy it because it shows your passion for your course and that you’re a good student. Just don’t be the annoying person that asks questions at the end when everyone wants to leave
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
Hi everyone,

I’m a first year law student at a Russell group university and ever since I began attending lectures and seminars I’ve always loved to answer questions raised and ask questions as well.

But I’ve notice the more I answer these questions the more intimidated I feel because I feel the teacher could get irritated and students would find me galling.

Should I stop raising my hand to answer questions and remain silent or just do whatever I want provided I make sure everyone around me isn’t ready to answer questions posed.

Just do whatever you want to do (as long as it’s not illegal). After all you are paying the uni £9250 a year so tough luck if the lecturer doesn’t like it. You are paying his salary.
I actually wish I asked more! Keep doing what you're doing. Chances are the others have the same question, but they're too anxious or scared to ask. That used to be me. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest