The Student Room Group

Independent a level student 2021 entry

i left sixth form in 2019 after one year there and since then have been studying new a levels independently. The exams this year got cancelled due to the coronavirus and many independent students didn't get a grade at all meaning they were unable to go to university.

I was planning on taking my a level exams in 2021 however it is looking more and more likely to me that these exams will be cancelled as well. in the event that they are cancelled I would need a CAG grade (assuming they decide to go about it the same way as last time) to not face the same end as the independent applicants of this year's exams but how will i go about doing this?

initially the plan was to apply to an exam centre but most didn't help in terms of giving CAG's last time and others say they based it off of mock tests. The problem with the mock tests is that those mock tests results will essentially become my a level results and having just started the second year of my study i won't be ready for that in only a few months time. The other option would have been join an independent school for one year a level courses in my subjects but they cost thousands upon thousands of pounds which i do not have. Normal schools won't allow me to join only for one year so really i can't see any options here for me in the likely event that exams next year are cancelled as well.

If anyone has any suggestions or such please do say. Thank you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending