Adam3568
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I’ve started doing a levels geography (AQA) Spanish (edexcel) and English lit (ocr). Does anyone have any tips or experience with these a levels? Thanks
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Adam3568)
I’ve started doing a levels geography (AQA) Spanish (edexcel) and English lit (ocr). Does anyone have any tips or experience with these a levels? Thanks
Other than general A level advice.
If you dont like a subject and its not for you then bail early i.e next few weeks.
If you wnat to do well then keep on top of your studies, have excellent notes and understanding plus do extra reading.
Get familiar with the exams and do work books or answer exam questions so you build up that skill.
Harder you work in Y12 then the more prepared for Y12 you will be.
Even if school isnt teaching you cna still read ahead by pre reading your English and Spanish texts.
University of Huddersfield Student Rep
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Adam3568)
Hi @Adam3568,

I hope you are well during these unprecedented times and hope your studies are going ok so far.

I can relate to studying A Level Geography. There were two key techniques which helped me throughout my studies. Whenever we went through a new topic, I spent 10/15 minutes looking up relevant news articles from the past 2 years. The exams questions are likely to have been written between that time, and it helps to create context of geographical issues during that period.

My second technique was creating “synoptic links” between other topics. Depending on the exam board in your longer answer questions, you may be asked to write about how one problem impacts another. For example, how the carbon cycle impacts the water cycle, how natural hazards impact the urban environment.

Have you thought about going to university- I understand it is not for everyone? But if a Geography Degree interests you, I am currently the 2nd Year of my studies. And would be happy to answer any general questions about studying and uni life.

All the best with your studies,

Best Wishes,

Sam Townsend | BSc(Hons) Geography Student at The University Of Huddersfield
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (622)
33.73%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (776)
42.08%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (364)
19.74%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (82)
4.45%

Watched Threads