MattW02
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
So I am planning on currently applying to Cambridge Durham Exeter York and either UCL or Bristol. From what I have seen UCL seems to have a better international reputation and Bristol a better student experience. I have also heard concerns about both unis for accommodation (UCL doesn't have enough and Bristol is too far away). Does anyone have any experience with this? I am planning to study Law with French or Law at either of them. If you generally know anything about the unis or their courses please do say!
McGinger
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Bristol has 'traditional halls' at Stoke Bishop that are a bus ride away from campus - but now has newer accommodation on the centre of the city. Look at Orchard Heights, Print Works, New Bridewell etc (essentially anything that isnt 'North') : http://www.bristol.ac.uk/accommodati...te/residences/

One important thing about Law with a Language at Bristol - it means you wont have a choice of doing all the available Law units because half you timetable will be the other subject. A better idea can be to apply for straight Law, and switch to the 'Study Abroad' pathway at the end of your first year. This means you still get a Year Abroad in France, do whatever French culture/arts/law units you can there, and improve your language skills etc, but without compromising your Law choices.

PS. There are lots of good reasons to go to Bristol : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khM7tjui86Q
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (23)
8.52%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (38)
14.07%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (46)
17.04%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (38)
14.07%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (78)
28.89%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
17.41%

Watched Threads