success4life
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I am looking at course with DDD.
I’m targeted DDD for my exams.
So far I’m getting A/Bs in my medical science-depending on the day.
How will this impact my ucas application.

One course needs CDD but my predicted say I’ll get DDD. When actually I could get that or above.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by success4life)

Your train of thought seems very logical only to you.

One course needs CDD but my predicted say I’ll get DDD. When actually I could get that or above.
Are you talking about A levels or BTEC?
I will assume A levels.

If you get better results on exam day then you can apply for adjustment or go after better courses in clearing.
5hyl33n
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago

There isn’t really a time you will get CDD. You may come out with DDD on results day but it’s all about working smart.

Find your weaknesses and focus on them more using revision techniques and more importantly exam-questions.
success4life
Rep:
?
(Original post by 5hyl33n)
There isn’t really a time you will get CDD. You may come out with DDD on results day but it’s all about working smart.

Find your weaknesses and focus on them more using revision techniques and more importantly exam-questions.
How do you know I won’t get CDD??
5hyl33n
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
How do you know I won’t get CDD??
Sorry, I didn't word that well. What I'm saying is, is that there is a chance you can come out with CDD in A-Levels but your teachers have predicted you DDD which is what they think you will come out with. Have you asked them if they can bump your predictions by one grade to CCC? What did you achieve in your mocks?
success4life
Rep:
?
(Original post by 5hyl33n)
Sorry, I didn't word that well. What I'm saying is, is that there is a chance you can come out with CDD in A-Levels but your teachers have predicted you DDD which is what they think you will come out with. Have you asked them if they can bump your predictions by one grade to CCC? What did you achieve in your mocks?
I could definitely get CDD. If even an A/B in place of a C.
The course that says I need CDD I’m not bothered about but it’s the option as a backup. The course I dream of (education is know as better for these too) are EE/ DDD.
I haven’t asked just yet but I’ve been thinking about doing in when I go back to school Monday. My head of sixth form said don’t get asking teachers to bump up your grade to make you sound better at the start of the year. But I think it’s evidential I am doing better than predicted as I’ve got past papers and tests during lockdown.
I didn’t revise for my mocks as I had some personal problems In the summer lasting still.
I’ve got a C In my medical science and that’s the only result I’ve had as they are still being marked
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (173)
14.53%
I'm not sure (55)
4.62%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (348)
29.22%
I have already dropped out (35)
2.94%
I'm not a current university student (580)
48.7%

Watched Threads