huzayfad
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hey, I'm a year 12 student and looking to progress on to uni. The universities I'm interested in applying to are all very far from home so I will most likely be staying in university accommodation. I have heard some stories suggesting that life in accommodation is full of alcoholism, drugs and sex. As a good child of god this isn't exactly the ideal environment for me, so I was wondering how true that is or is it more to do with who you decide associate yourself with?
if anyone has any experience or information regarding this that would be very helpful.
Thanks
Lazarev23
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by huzayfad)
Hey, I'm a year 12 student and looking to progress on to uni. The universities I'm interested in applying to are all very far from home so I will most likely be staying in university accommodation. I have heard some stories suggesting that life in accommodation is full of alcoholism, drugs and sex. As a good child of god this isn't exactly the ideal environment for me, so I was wondering how true that is or is it more to do with who you decide associate yourself with?
if anyone has any experience or information regarding this that would be very helpful.
Thanks
Well at the moment there’s none of that believe me!
huzayfad
Rep:
?
(Original post by Lazarev23)
The amounts of covid-19 cases are arguably worse than the issues mentioned in my question. It's crazy, manchester metro uni had over 100 cases!
Lazarev23
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by huzayfad)
The amounts of covid-19 cases are arguably worse than the issues mentioned in my question. It's crazy, manchester metro uni had over 100 cases!
Yeah, several of my friends will just be commuting this year. About the issues you mentioned, of course it depends but it’s never that crazy. If you don’t drink then it may be a little harder at freshers but honestly nights out are super fun even if you don’t drink so much
huzayfad
Rep:
?
Yeah, several of my friends will just be commuting this year. About the issues you mentioned, of course it depends but it’s never that crazy. If you don’t drink then it may be a little harder at freshers but honestly nights out are super fun even if you don’t drink so much
Cool, thanks man
username4812684
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
:ashamed:
Lazarev23
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by lancpe2002)
:ashamed:
Ikr, I’m starting to question why the unis encouraged us to move back when everything is online lol
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (185)
14.06%
I'm not sure (59)
4.48%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (387)
29.41%
I have already dropped out (37)
2.81%
I'm not a current university student (648)
49.24%

Watched Threads