The Student Room Group

A-Level Social Science Specs

Might be a very common question but are specs like GCSE’s where in A-Level it also defines the things you only need to know to do well in an exam?

I just went into Y12 and I take Politics (2017 EDEXCEL), Sociology (AQA) and Economics (AQA). Let’s say I only revise whatever the spec says, would I get A’s or B’s for these subjects? I assume it won’t be the case since it’s not GCSEs but just wanted to check.

If possible, it would be nice to get some feedback on things that are vital for getting an A/A* in any of the subjects I mentioned, extra reading, specific resources or anything.

Thanks.
Original post by oneirics
Might be a very common question but are specs like GCSE’s where in A-Level it also defines the things you only need to know to do well in an exam?

I just went into Y12 and I take Politics (2017 EDEXCEL), Sociology (AQA) and Economics (AQA). Let’s say I only revise whatever the spec says, would I get A’s or B’s for these subjects? I assume it won’t be the case since it’s not GCSEs but just wanted to check.

If possible, it would be nice to get some feedback on things that are vital for getting an A/A* in any of the subjects I mentioned, extra reading, specific resources or anything.

Thanks.

Specs are rarely exhaustive and should be considered more like detailed guidelines.
At A level you will also be expected to do some extra reading as well as a lot is based not just on facts but analysis and evaluation.
hey im in A2 of politics and id say being aware of the news is important when adding examples

Quick Reply

Latest