The Student Room Group

Army Medical

Hi Folks,

I have my medical phone call and was wanting a bit of advice, I currently have a diagnosis of 'exercised induced bronchochonstriction' ie exercised induced asthma which I have not received treatment for in over 6 years (when I last used a inhaler) nor have I ever had a asthma attack or needed a nebuliser so I am confident in that aspect however back in June I had a diagnosis of anxiety with a one off presciption of medicine which was linked to the stress of a parent dying (in feb) and then working on COVID wards for 5 months..

Basically I am wondering if this would be a deferral or a outright bar?

Thanks!
Reply 1
No-one on here or in the AFCOs can give a definitive answer on specific medical queries. You'll have to wait for an answer from your medical assessment.
Reply 2
Original post by Surnia
No-one on here or in the AFCOs can give a definitive answer on specific medical queries. You'll have to wait for an answer from your medical assessment.

Thank you, I thought that would be the case.
Reply 3
Hi, just wondering how this went for you? Did you hear back already?
Thanks
Reply 4
Original post by Bowmxn
Hi, just wondering how this went for you? Did you hear back already?
Thanks

The OP hasn't been on here since asking the question so you probably won't get an answer. However, everyone is assessed on a case-by-case basis, so the result of one person's medical isn't that relevant to anyone else. If you want to know if you're fit enough to join the Armed Forces, outside of the very clear conditions that are a bar to entry, you apply and see how things go.

Quick Reply

Latest