The Student Room Group

Laundrette prices

Don't judge me on this but I am thinking about bringing my clothes to a launderette to wash on one of the machines , I have never been to one. I'm just wondering can anyone give me a idea to as how much a average wash on a machine would cost ?

Thanks
Original post by Anonymous
Don't judge me on this but I am thinking about bringing my clothes to a launderette to wash on one of the machines , I have never been to one. I'm just wondering can anyone give me a idea to as how much a average wash on a machine would cost ?

Thanks

Yea, the bog standard one known as Launderette cost £4 for a wash and 50p for 8 min dry.
Reply 2
Original post by Gobradders
Yea, the bog standard one known as Launderette cost £4 for a wash and 50p for 8 min dry.

Jesus that's expensive . Would rather hand wash then that would be cheaper . N thanks
£5 for a medium wash and £1 for approx 8-10 mins depending on how high the heat is .

Thanks

They are only worth it for washing large items like duvet covers, sheets and towels.
Reply 5
Original post by Kutie Karen
£5 for a medium wash and £1 for approx 8-10 mins depending on how high the heat is .

Any idea why the drying is cheaper than the wash
Reply 6
Thank you everyone for your replies . Much appreciated
Any idea why the drying is cheaper than the wash

You'll need more than one 'go' at drying to get towels dry.
Ask around. Get a list of prices from a few local laundry companies, look on the website, call or email. Ask questions too.
Reply 9
Original post by shortgirl96
Ask around. Get a list of prices from a few local laundry companies, look on the website, call or email. Ask questions too.

I already looked at the website it didn't say , I was thinking just that I'll pop round and ask seeing as it's not that far away from my house

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending