Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Thought i'd bring the thread back to life

ReputationRep:
    You scored a 60% on the "How POSH are you?" Quizie!
    727 people had a score lower than yours
    29 people had a score higher than yours
    11 people had a score the same as yours

ummm can't say i own a ball gown! I have a tux, if thats the equivalent?

...People seem to use the term 'posh' very loosely... i mean, the word was never created to serve its current meaning, originally it was something to do with ships-can't remmber what. But the word 'posh' has been pressumed by so many people has being an indication of wealth so its probably fair to accept that meaning.
    Personally when i hear the word 'posh', attitude and lifestyle are more significant than wealth. I wouldn't consider a druggie, who happens to come from a family of billionaires as 'posh'...

ReputationRep:
    I don't really give a rats arse either way, it's only money and the way you talk...

ReputationRep:
    I go to uni with loads posh ppl so i would say 6 but now im sayin 7 :tsr:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beekeeper_)
    i mean, the word was never created to serve its current meaning, originally it was something to do with ships-can't remmber what.
    Port Out, Starboard Home. If you were rich enough, you'd buy a ticket for a cabin on the port side as you left, and for one on the starboard side as you returned. Thus, apparently, guaranteeing that you'd get the right amount of sunlight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by d750)
    Port Out, Starboard Home. If you were rich enough, you'd buy a ticket for a cabin on the port side as you left, and for one on the starboard side as you returned. Thus, apparently, guaranteeing that you'd get the right amount of sunlight.
    theres are restaurant near me called that

Poll
The new Gillette ad. Is it:
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.