dod19
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hello everyone, I really need your help.

I graduated from one of the top 5 universities in my country with 2.80/4.00 GPA and I have a Bachelor's degree in Business Information Management.

I was looking for master's degree programmes in the UK to start in 2021 and found some programmes with work placement offered by some good universities such as HW, UWS, Oxford Brookes, GCU etc.

And these are all finance related programmes but recently my mind has changed, I still like finance but I think I want to study economics or international politics economics in Aston or Aberdeen. As far as I know these are more prestigious universities than HW or UWS. However, they do not offer work placement, there aren't many programmes in economics with work placement anyway.

I can find only three universities (Bournemouth, Brighton and Huddersfield) that offer work placement in Economics.

Considering I am overseas and want to work and stay in the U.K. after the graduation, what do you suggest me? A prestigious university or a nice university WITH a work placement?

Ps: These work placements are not guaranteed by the way. So there is a chance that I choose a university because they offer a master's degree with work placement but I may end up with nothing.
Last edited by dod19; 4 weeks ago
University of Huddersfield
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by dod19)

I graduated from one of the top 5 universities in my country with 2.80/4.00 GPA and I have a Bachelor's degree in Business Information Management.

I was looking for master's degree programmes in the UK to start in 2021 and found some programmes with work placement offered by some good universities such as HW, UWS, Oxford Brookes, GCU etc.

And these are all finance related programmes but recently my mind has changed, I still like finance but I think I want to study economics or international politics economics in Aston or Aberdeen. As far as I know these are more prestigious universities than HW or UWS. However, they do not offer work placement, there aren't many programmes in economics with work placement anyway.

I can find only three universities (Bournemouth, Brighton and Huddersfield) that offer work placement in Economics.

Considering I am overseas and want to work and stay in the U.K. after the graduation, what do you suggest me? A prestigious university or a nice university WITH a work placement?

Ps: These work placements are not guaranteed by the way. So there is a chance that I choose a university because they offer a master's degree with work placement but I may end up with nothing.
Hi dod19

How are you?

It sounds like you've really done your research into what kind of course you'd like to do.

For more information about the Economics (Professional Practice) MSc at Huddersfield, you can see our website here.
Our admissions team can also answer any questions you may have about finding placements and what kind of placements current students are on. You can 'ask a question' on the course page above and they'll reply to you from there.

It's always a good idea to look into the places where the universities are as well, if you'd like to find out more information on what Huddersfield is like from current students, you can chat to them on UniBuddy here.

I hope this helps, but if you have any questions about the University of Huddersfield, feel free to ask and I'll do my best to find the answers for you.

Speak soon,
Harriette
shreeyagurung
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by dod19)

Hi which course are you applying for your MSc? I am a BBA graduate and was considering MSc FinTech with Business Analytics at uni of Westminster. I have similar criterion regarding the courses.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (183)
14.27%
I'm not sure (59)
4.6%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (377)
29.41%
I have already dropped out (37)
2.89%
I'm not a current university student (626)
48.83%

Watched Threads