Should I tell them or not??

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I got my grades which will be used to base predictions and I got found that I got a D in chemistry.It was an average of two tests in one I got 64% which was a C I think and the other a D so I got an average of 55% which is a D. Before my second exam that night my grandma died and I don’t want to use this as an excuse but I feel like otherwise they’re not gonna change my predicted grades. My parents aren’t going to appreciate me using my grandma’s death as an excuse do you think school will tell my parents if I told them?
Kotrii10
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I don't think it's likely the school will tell your parents?? but obviously I don't know that. But if you're trying to ask to get As predicted then they can't really do that?? there's no evidence to support that. Try speaking to your teachers and ask if you can do another test to prove yourself
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Kotrii10)
I don't think it's likely the school will tell your parents?? but obviously I don't know that. But if you're trying to ask to get As predicted then they can't really do that?? there's no evidence to support that. Try speaking to your teachers and ask if you can do another test to prove yourself
I already asked that but they said they won’t let me. And I’m not trying to get an A predicted but I needed a B predicted.Do think they would be able to do that?
Kotrii10
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I already asked that but they said they won’t let me. And I’m not trying to get an A predicted but I needed a B predicted.Do think they would be able to do that?
ohh that's quite harsh tbh, perhaps if you've gotten B before then yes but otherwise I'd say it would be difficult for them to predict something they have no evidence of. However, if you're not an early applicant I'm sure you'll be doing more assessments try and get better grades in those and then have another talk with your teachers about getting a B predicted.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you want most from university virtual open days and online events?

I want to be able to watch in my own time rather than turn up live (195)
29.73%
I want to hear more about the specifics of the course (109)
16.62%
I want to be able to dip in and dip out of lots of different sessions (58)
8.84%
I want to meet current students (55)
8.38%
I want to meet academics and the people that will be teaching me (51)
7.77%
I want to have a taster lecture or workshop to see what the teaching is like (129)
19.66%
My parents/guardians are more interested than me to be honest (38)
5.79%
Other things – I'll tell you in the thread (21)
3.2%

Watched Threads