RandomTennisfan
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So I play for a local men’s football team the standard is pretty low, basically Sunday league level. I’ve been with this local side for 5 games now each time being subbed on for second half. Anyway today really was the last straw, I didn’t get brought on until 70th minute, then I was taken off after 10 minutes. I was furious with this, I asked why and the manager said I don’t care. Was I right to be annoyed or should I have been more mature about things? I just never got given a chance really, part of me feels bad for overreacting but I reached boiling point and had enough. It’s really ruined my confidence with football now tbh. TLDR; 22 year old constantly getting subbed/dropped in local football team, subbed off after 10 minutes today, have called it quits.
dking2001
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Having managed local football teams balancing play time is always difficult. Do the club have any policy on play time (eg guarantee one half or guarantee 20 mins?) If not it is really the manager's decision though I would personally say putting someone on then subbing them 10 mins later is poor man management.

Are your regular at training etc , are you committing as the manager would expect? If so I would suggest sit down and talk with the manager away from the pressure of a match situation or training. Do not go into this demanding playing time instead take the approach 'What would I need to do / improve on / demonstrate to help show I am ready to play more in matches.

Ultimately you may need to decide whether some game time is better than no football or to seek a new team (or perhaps 5 a side league)
RandomTennisfan
Rep:
?
(Original post by dking2001)
Having managed local football teams balancing play time is always difficult. Do the club have any policy on play time (eg guarantee one half or guarantee 20 mins?) If not it is really the manager's decision though I would personally say putting someone on then subbing them 10 mins later is poor man management.

Are your regular at training etc , are you committing as the manager would expect? If so I would suggest sit down and talk with the manager away from the pressure of a match situation or training. Do not go into this demanding playing time instead take the approach 'What would I need to do / improve on / demonstrate to help show I am ready to play more in matches.

Ultimately you may need to decide whether some game time is better than no football or to seek a new team (or perhaps 5 a side league)
Hey thanks for your response, yeah so we do have a big squad around 26 players in total so selection can be tough but the league standard is pretty low. I am a regular for training, I just feel I never got given a chance really and probably never will. 5 a side is probably a better idea if I can find a team.
RandomTennisfan
Rep:
?
(Original post by dking2001)

Hey thanks for your response, yeah so we do have a big squad around 26 players in total so selection can be tough but the league standard is pretty low. I am a regular for training, I just feel I never got given a chance really and probably never will. 5 a side is probably a better idea if I can find a team.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (588)
34.07%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (714)
41.37%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (345)
19.99%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (79)
4.58%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise